Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Software Engineer II
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Engineering and Architecture
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1701655
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
As a Software Engineer II, you'll join an Agile Team to delve into our financial landscape. Collaborating as part of a DevOps unit, you'll not only develop but also support the solutions you create. Your role will involve optimizing our financial systems, adding business value, and ensuring compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX).
Our team's mission involves crafting the next-generation financial solutions that power Walmart Stores and Sam's Club sales across the US, Puerto Rico, and International Markets. By harnessing the strength of functional programming, event driven design, and object-oriented paradigms, we design dynamic, secure, cloud-based solutions. These solutions allow seamless processing of over 1.3 Billion in sales per day at over 1,300 events per second; a scale only found at Walmart. So, If you're prepared to elevate your career and be a transformative force in reshaping the financial landscape, come join us in driving our global success story forward.
What you'll do:
- Review, and understand business and technical needs to get a deep understanding on the solution you would enhance / develop / support
- Develop applications based on design specifications; including coding, testing, debugging, documenting and reviewing and/or refining across the application development stages in accordance with defined standards for development and security
- Assess and test the overall effectiveness and performance of an application, involving the setting up of suitable testing conditions, definition of test cases and/or technical criteria
- Identify causes of defects and conduct analysis to avoid recurrence of the issues and improve the quality and performance of the product/solution
- Conduct monitoring, maintenance and related activities including documentation, deployment, operation, security, configuration management, training (users and sustainment personnel), technology updates, and retirement of software and system applications
- Support in ensuring adherence to program metrics and provide information to correct deficiencies or any identified risks in the achievement of program objectives
What you'll bring:
- Proficiency in Java with experience in Functional Programming, Object-Oriented Design, and Event-Driven Architectures.
- Desired Technology Stack: Scala, Java, ReactJS, Kafka, Akka, Play Framework, Cosmos DB, and experience with Cloud Platforms like Azure, GCP, or AWS, as well as Spark.
- Familiarity with Cloud-Based Deployment strategies, alongside hands-on experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
Minimum education and experience required:
Bachelor's degree or the equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related field plus 1 year of experience in IT or related field; OR Master’s degree or the equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field.
Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
Is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; supports innovation and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
Implements and supports continuous improvements and willingly embraces new digital tools and ways of working.
Delivers results while putting the customer first and applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
Adopts a broad perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Embraces diversity in all its forms and actively supports diversity of ideas and perspectives, as well as diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively to achieve objectives; communicates with impact to a range of audiences; and demonstrates energy and positivity for own work.
Contributes to an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, demonstrates engagement and commitment to the team, and recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world’s leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Flexible, hybrid work:
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily in office coupled with virtual when not onsite. Our campuses serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems, software engineering, or related area.Option 2: 3 years’ experience in software engineering or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Certification in Security+, Network+, GISF, or GSEC
Primary Location...PHYLLIS ST. N OF HWY 102, WEST SIDE OF STREET, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth