Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Emerging Assistant General Manager II
- Location PALESTINE, TX
- Career Area Distribution and Fulfillment Centers
- Job Function Warehousing - Management
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1699663
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
As a community liaison, participate in local and community organizations and philanthropic activities; advocate for company-sponsored programs and events among associates, customers, and the local community.
Effectively facilitates strong partnerships and relationships with key stakeholders across the organization (including finance, merch, transportation, etc), effectively developing, implementing, and sustaining key organizational objectives.
Trains and develops self inside a complex facility in the areas of operational acumen, leadership, end-to-end Supply Chain understanding, continuous improvement aptitude, and WPS execution in preparation for a role as Assistant General Manager.
Manage assigned financial responsibilities such as budget monitoring and tracking, asset management, and preparing, analyzing, and/or assessing corporate reports.
Supervise and manage associates and leaders in assigned areas of responsibility by providing direction, communicating objectives, monitoring performance, and providing feedback; identifying training and development needs and providing opportunities for learning and growth; teaching and upholding Supply chain and company policies and procedures; and participating in the hiring, promotion, coaching, and training of associates and leaders.
Investigate and resolve associate, customer, and supplier issues, using your own judgment or consulting others as appropriate.
Develop, implement, and manage the assigned area's business plan in order to achieve facility goals (e.g., production, quality, and safety) and to identify opportunities for continuous improvement within the assigned area.
Maintain and support compliance with supply chain and business quality standards, regulations, and established procedures across the facility.
Forecast and monitor staffing, workload, and performance results to ensure that workload and performance outcomes meet business requirements.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team’s strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor's Degree in business or a related field (e.g., Management, Logistics, Business Administration, Financial Management, Production/Operations Management); and 2 years experience in a senior management role within an operations/distribution/logistics environment, supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing managers/supervisors; managing workload; and participating in the hiring and promotion of employees facility-wide OR 2 years experience as a Walmart Logistics Operations Manager including supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing associates; managing associate workload; and participating in the hiring and promotion of associates OR 4 years experience in a senior management role in an operations/distribution/logistics /retail environment, supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing managers/supervisors; managing workload; and participating in the hiring and promotion of employees facility-wide
Bachelor of Science in Supply Chain, Transportation and Logistics Management through Live Better U and Bellevue University
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Both Bachelor's Degree in a related field (e.g., Management, Logistics, Business Administration, Financial Management, Production/Operations Management); and 3 years experience in a senior management role in an operations/distribution/logistics environment, supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing managers/supervisors; managing workload; and participating in the hiring and promotion of employees facility-wide, Experience as a Walmart Logistics Operations Manager including supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing associates; managing associate workload; and participating in the hiring and promotion of associates, Experience developing and managing budgets, managing P&L, developing manpower forecasts, monitoring regulatory compliance, and analyzing financial/operational data, Senior-level experience managing multiple functional areas (e.g., receiving, shipping, QA, order filling) within a warehouse or Logistics network
Primary Location...8660 US HWY 79 SOUTH, PALESTINE, TX 75803-1220, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth