Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Radiology Technologist - WM Health
- Location NEW PORT RICHEY, FL
- Career Area Walmart Health
- Job Function Clinical Operations and Services
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Hourly
- Requisition WD1696776
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Walmart Health strives to be a center of wellbeing in the communities we serve, and we have a unique opportunity to provide access to affordable healthcare to millions of people. We need passionate healthcare professionals to help us achieve our mission.
You'll make an impact as you:
- Take X-ray images of patients according to requests or instructions from physicians; explain procedures to patients; prepare and set up x-ray room; position patients on examining table and set up /adjust equipment according to physicians' requests; adjust controls to set exposure factors (for example, time, distance); review and evaluate developed x-rays, video tape, or computer-generated information to determine if images are satisfactory for diagnostic purposes; develop films to reveal their bone structures for diagnosis by physicians; and ensure transmission of images to consultant radiologists.
- Ensure the safety of patients and associates by ensuring compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and company policies and procedures; using protective instruments and exercising safety measures; using radiation safety measures and protection; and assisting with on-the-job training of new employees.
- Maintain medical and patient records according to applicable laws, regulations, and company policies and procedures by collaborating patient scheduling plans with front desk, physicians, or nursing staff; reviewing and filing patient medical histories; creating and updating examinations records; preparing reports; summarizing patient diagnostic or care activities; managing diagnostic evaluation reports; and auditing files for completion, legibility, and appropriate charging.
About Walmart Health
Walmart Health is committed to making health care more affordable and accessible for customers in the communities we serve. Walmart Health was launched to provide affordable, transparent pricing for key health center services for local patients, regardless of insurance status.
The patient is at the heart of all we do. Walmart Health employs on-the-ground health providers to be a first-of-its-kind health center to deliver primary and urgent care, labs, x-ray and diagnostics, counseling, and dental services all in one facility.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Valid American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification.
Licensure as required by the state.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Associate’s Degree in Applied Science, Radiologic Technology, or related field and 2 years’ experience in radiologic technology or related field OR Bachelor’s degree in related field., Basic Life Support (BLS) certification, Clinical care setting
Primary Location...8745 STATE ROAD 54, NEW PORT RICHEY, FL 34655-3006, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth