Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Software Engineer III
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Engineering and Architecture
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1686549
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
As a Software Engineer III, you are responsible for translating requirements into technical solutions with the focus of creating the best user experience for our associates and customers. You will be part of a small project team consisting of other engineers who will work together to deliver value and ensure code quality. Communication is also key as you will need to work closely with product owners, designers, and other engineers.
Our team works closely with our US stores and eCommerce business to better serve customers by empowering team members, stores, and merchants with technological innovation. From groceries and entertainment to sporting goods and crafts, Walmart U.S. offers an extensive selection that our customers value, whether they shop online at Walmart.com, through one of our mobile apps, or in-store. Focus areas include customers, stores and employees, in-store service, merchant tools, merchant data science, and search and personalization.
What you'll do:
- By following the agile development process, design, develop, implement user-facing features with maintainability, reusability, and scalability in mind and documenting those features.
- Collaborating with project teams and cross-functional teams. Troubleshooting open issues and bug fixes, ensuring on-time delivery and hand-offs. Interacting with the project manager to provide input on the project plan. Ensuring code quality with code reviews and being aware of best practices.
- Troubleshoots business and production issues by gathering information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause); performing root cause analysis to reduce future issues; engaging support teams to assist in the resolution of issues; driving the development of an action plan; performing actions as designated in the plan; interpreting the results to determine further action; and completing online documentation.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Measure and improve product performance, Operational performance and Portfolio performance using metrics/KPI's.
- Learn new and changing technologies and adapt to ensure best software practices and standards.
What you'll bring:
- High-level proficiency in developing REST APIs using Java & Springboot
- General understanding of software development lifecycle from planning to deployment.
- Experience consuming, building, and deploying APIs and applications.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs and knowledge of Accessibility design principles.
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies (GCP or Azure), SQL, and CI/CD
- Experience on unit testing frameworks (Junit, Jest, Enzyme, React Testing Library, etc) and code quality control platforms like Sonar
- Experience with Figma and experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Ability to adapt to change quickly, willingness to learn new and emerging technologies
- A disciplined approach to development, code review, testing, documentation, and code structure in a team environment.
- A constant desire to improve, learn more, and take things to the next level, and a passion for adopting the latest features in the technologies that we leverage.
- Ability to lead our technical relationship with partners and mentor a team of developers.
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world’s leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Flexible, hybrid work:
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily in office coupled with virtual when not onsite. Our campuses serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems, software engineering, or related area and 2 years’ experience in software engineering or related area.Option 2: 4 years’ experience in software engineering or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Customer ServiceMasters: Computer Science
Primary Location...805 SE Moberly Ln, Bentonville, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth