Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Business Strategy Manager, Technology Operations (Post-Transaction Omni Fulfillment)
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Information Technology
- Job Function Technology Operations
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1674651
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
About the Omni Fulfillment Experience Team
In this role, you will be an essential part of the Omni Fulfillment Experience business team, leading and delivering on post transaction fulfilment propositions that drive customer retention, revenue growth and profit for the eCommerce business. You will be part of a team that is responsible for delivering a perfect order experience and customer satisfaction goals for the business. You will collaborate and develop deep partnerships with multiple stakeholders across the business such as Product, Supply Chain, Store Operations, Customer Care, Finance, and others to identify opportunities, solve problems and developing new propositions that drive value for our customers. This is a very high visibility role where we operate in a very dynamic and agile environment. You need to be very comfortable in working through ambiguity, define direction for your team and be ready to roll up your sleeves to execute.
About the Role
We are looking for a customer-obsessed leader who thrives in ambiguity and change and has a passion for data-based analysis. You will lead initiatives focused on customer experience and self-service, minimizing customer effort when required and enabling an empowering experience for our customer. You will own roadmaps and collaborate with Product and Technology teams to deliver best-in-class solutions for a frictionless and consistent experience.
You will be an advocate for the customer experience and defect elimination. You will use research to understand customer needs and pain points. You will build strategic roadmaps and use your ability to work across business owners, product management, UX and engineering teams to improve our products and promote a customer- and defect-obsessed mindset. Finally, you will tie it all together by diving into analytics to measure performance and apply insights back into the business and products.
What You’ll Do
- Project Identification and Prioritization: Identify and address improvement opportunities, demonstrating adaptability and promoting continuous improvement; conduct competitive assessments, develop business cases, and set objectives and KPIs for the customer experience
- Benefit Quantification: Create the case for change through analysis of financial and operational metrics, customer data, and competitive benchmarking
- Roadmap Ownership: Develop roadmaps to deliver self-service capabilities across the order life cycle in areas such as order tracking & visibility, returns & exchanges, or canceling & editing orders
- Collaboration: Define and lead requirements with key partners (product management, design, and engineering), championing experience improvements, sharing best practices and promoting standardization across the customer experience
- Results and Accountability: Define business objectives and measure progress in achieving results; demonstrate strong commitment towards goals and driving complex projects focused on reducing customer contacts, improving cost, quality, customer experience, and delivering bottom line savings
- 5+ years of experience in business or product operations & strategy, process improvement, or related fields
- Strong oral and written communication skills – including the ability to develop and deliver complex messages in a simple, actionable way
- Strong analytical skills – creative problem-solver that can leverage sources of information from disparate sources and deliver comprehensive, balanced, and actionable analysis
- Proven ability to bridge data with business insights to drive relevant, actionable output
- Team player who is a self-starter and able to thrive in a dynamic, results-oriented environment
- Customer-centric & curious: passionate improving the Walmart customer experience
- Previous eCommerce or Retail experience; operations or customer experience roles a plus
Perks and Benefits
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
About Walmart Ecommerce
We are Walmart eCommerce - the team shaping the future of online shopping by defining the global online marketplace that influences millions of shoppers daily. We bring a passion and expertise that is unmatched, and our efforts have an epic impact on the world around us, both inside and outside of work. With colleagues across the nation, we strive to create a sense of belonging and embrace diversity in all forms, with no shortage of guidance and support for you as you grow and develop your career here. Discover the impact you can make at careers.walmart.com.
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more.You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see https://one.walmart.com/notices .Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart.Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at https://bit.ly/3iOOb1J .The annual salary range for this position is $120,000.00-$180,000.00Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives.Additional compensation for certain positions may also include:- Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location)- Stock equity incentives
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, industrial engineering, engineering management, business, information systems, project/program management, information technology, finance, management, or related area and 4 years’ experience in project management, program management, program operations, or related area.Option 2: 6 years’ experience in project management, program management, program operations, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in computer science, management information systems, industrial engineering, engineering management, business, information systems, project/program management, information technology, finance, management, or related area and 3 years' experience in project management, program management, program operations, or related area.
Primary Location...850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth