Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Manager, Global Communications
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Corporate Affairs and Communications
- Job Function Communications
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1669487
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Join the Global Communications team at Walmart and make an impact not only on the future of retail, but on topics and issues the whole world is watching, such as community, opportunity, philanthropy, sustainability and the energy transition. This is a position that has you thinking on your feet every day, pivoting and multi-tasking fluidly. You’ll be leading 360 comms work, reaching diverse audiences both internally and externally. The ability to jump in with an executive presence and thought leadership is key.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Helping develop and execute proactive, data-driven 360 communications strategies (including executive positioning, media relations, internal, stakeholder and social/digital) designed to enhance the company’s reputation and drive action.
- Sourcing and developing stories and content that reinforce Walmart’s impact and position as an innovative, trusted retailer.
- Engaging key stakeholders in the development, execution, and evaluation of plans and initiatives.
- Seeking thought leadership opportunities and preparing executives for speaking engagements.
- Serving as a counselor, advising and providing recommendations to executives on how to drive awareness and engagement, and mitigate or address key issues.
- Developing impactful messages that help move the needle with key stakeholders; writing and editing communications materials.
- Identifying opportunities, threats, and best practices and evaluate data and metrics; uncovering new insights and trends that improve communications and processes.
- Serving as a company spokesperson, building and maintaining relationships with national, local, and online journalists.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
- You have experience working with national and/or trade/local reporters and the skills to help shape a story through reporter engagement and external announcements
- You’re an expert storyteller and creative thinker
- You’re organized, disciplined, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- You’re a master at making complex subjects easily understood through words and visuals
- You have high standards
- You’re stimulated by challenges and are ready to engage in a fast-paced environment
- You have strong oral and written communications skills
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
The Walmart Global Communications team is focused on both traditional and new ways to reach audiences internally and externally and shape the reputation of the brand. Team members work cross-functionally with every aspect of Walmart business, connecting with associates across the globe. The work goes beyond retail. Our team has the ability to influence and impact communities across the U.S. in areas ranging from healthcare to sustainability to inclusion and diversity. We are a nimble group that comes from a vast background, yet are guided by the same north star: to work quickly, cost effectively and with vast foresight. Together, we innovate and are a force for positive change.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, or related field and 4 years’ experience in corporate communications, public relations, or relevant area OR 6 years’ experience in corporate communications, public relations, or relevant area. 1 year’s supervisory experience or experience leading cross-functional teams.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Supervising Associates
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth