Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Principal, Product Manager
- Location REDMOND, WA
- Career Area Product Management
- Job Function Product Management
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1668555
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
We are looking for a Principal Product Manager to help reimagine the way we empower brand advertisers with self-serve first omni-channel ad platform. This role will lead the effort and launch several key initiatives around self-serve, automation and improving ad experiences.
As a part of Walmart Connect, you’ll build industry defining omni-channel ad platforms at scale that enable Walmart suppliers to reach shoppers with relevant ads and high performing campaigns while helping shoppers discover products to enhance their shopping journey. If you are motivated by complex, purposeful challenges, this role at Walmart Connect could be the fit you’ve been looking for.
What you will do:
- You’re customer-centric in spirit and in execution
- You’re able to use metrics to improve performance
- You’re excited about solving complex challenges
- You’re comfortable influencing others, leading teams, managing stakeholders, and communicating clearly
- You have a test and learn mentality and an agile way of working to improve your product
- You have knowledge in Digital Advertising and retail media advertising
What you will bring:
- Driving product lifecycle from requirement definitions, research, metrics analysis, technical specifications, development, testing, KPIs and other launch efforts
- Working with data science, engineering, and Walmart partners to define the data requirements, measurement methodologies, APIs and UX for reporting dashboards.
- Conducting industry and competitive analysis to understand the emerging trends in advertising industry to identify new opportunities. Conduct customer research to define customer segments and identify needs to inform product roadmap.
- Partnering with internal advertising sales team and Walmart retail teams to create unique, compelling experiences that benefit shoppers and our advertising clients
- Developing and enhancing products – you will manage product roadmaps, align business and technical needs, analyze customer and product data, turn customer insights into actionable initiatives, determine rollout strategy, and manage risks
- Defining vision and strategies for your product family, using domain expertise, internal and external best practices, identifying market opportunities, building business cases, and approving objectives
- Building collaborative relationships with key partners by driving priorities aligned to business goals, communicating and prioritizing product roadmaps, and gaining buy-in from executive leadership
- Providing overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs
- Bachelor's degree required/MBA strongly preferred!
- 5+ years in product management, self-serve platforms, customer experiences, automation and data analytics. Experience in launching ad experiences and automation is strongly preferred.
- Sound business judgment as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize
- Must be able and willing to think and act strategically and tactically
- Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial, proven ability to influence others internally and externally
- Operations, business or engineering background is preferred
About Walmart Connect
At Walmart, we enable the connection between supplier brands and retail shoppers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, "Save Money. Live Better," we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team within the largest company in the world. We believe all digital advertising can be targeted and accountable – and we have Walmart's sales data to prove it.
Who We Are:
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. careers.walmart.com
About Global Tech:
Imagine working where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity experts and service professionals within the world's leading retailer who make epic impact and are leading the next retail disruption.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond our great compensation package, we offer performance incentives. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more.You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see https://one.walmart.com/notices .Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart.Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at https://bit.ly/3iOOb1J .The annual salary range for this position is $132,000.00-$264,000.00Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives.Additional compensation for certain positions may also include:- Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location)- Stock equity incentives
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related area and 9 years’ experience in product management. Option 2: 11 years’ experience in product management or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or related area and 8 years’ experience as a product manager, ideally working on consumer-facing, large-scale, highly complex B2B/C products, Supervisory experienceMasters: Business Administration, Masters: Computer Engineering, Masters: Computer Science
Primary Location...8461 Avenue Ne, Redmond, WA 98052-3863, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth