Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Manager, Marketplace Payments and Fintech
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Job Function Data Analytics
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1667396
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Looking for a new role that will be both challenging and rewarding, then continue reading to see if this position grabs your interests. The Marketplace Payments and Fintech role will be a key contributor to growing our US Marketplace Business.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Launch and grow working capital initiatives – Create a business strategy focused on seller GMV growth. Work with existing and new US and international partners in the working capital area (merchant cash advance, loans, lines of credit, business credit cards, inventory / supplier financing etc.).
- Define business strategy and drive execution of fintech products such as FX, debit cards, and cross border payments.
- Expand the range of payment options – Deliver flexible payment option to our sellers by partnering with new payment processors globally and deepening existing relationships. Manage launches and subsequent support of payment partners by extensively collaborating internally and facilitating strategy and roadmap execution. Relentlessly focus on seller experience improving automation, integrations, payment security, and reducing exceptions.
- Facilitate global tax, payment, and working capital compliance – Collaborate with internal tax stakeholders as well as partners to understand requirements and changes in the tax, working capital, and payment compliance landscape. Drive implementation and global deployment with product, engineering, operations, legal, and other internal and external partners.
- Leveraging data – Define and execute on strategies of data sharing and leveraging data for risk management. Collaborate with stakeholders on data initiatives to enable actionable recommendations across the managed initiatives.
Key success criteria:
- Have 2+ years of industry experience preferably in Payments, Financial Services, Tax, Compliance or similar space with data analysis and reporting
- Master's degree in Business, Statistics, Computer Science or similar field
- You’re familiar with industry/category trends and ecommerce markets
- You are able to work with cross functional teams and have prior experience working with Product and Technology teams; proven ability to influence and excite internal / external partners and provide clear actionable insights
- You're data driven and have understanding of SQL working with large datasets
- Able to understand vendor technical specifications (incl. API documentation) on a high level
- You’re stimulated by challenges and are ready to engage at Fortune 1 scale
- You have strong analytical aptitude, use data and analysis to drive decisions
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
About Walmart eCommerce Marketplace Partner Financial Operations Team:
The team focuses on Payments, Financial operations, Risk Management & Financial services for Marketplace sellers.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Statistics, or related field and 2 years' experience in data analytics or related field OR 4 years'
experience in data analytics or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Certificate in business analytics, data mining, or statistical analysisMasters: Business Administration, Masters: Information Systems, Masters: Statistics
Primary Location...850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"At Walmart, we get the opportunity to grow professionally and personally—all while improving how we work and what we deliver to consumers."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth