Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Manager, Automation Engineering
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Engineering
- Job Function Automation Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1666732
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
At Walmart, we help people save money, so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make and drives us to create the future of retail. We can’t do that without the best talent – talent that is innovative, curious, and driven to create exceptional experiences for our customers.
This role is part of the Fulfillment Engineering team and reports to the Senior Manager, Packaging and Regeneration. The role is based in Bentonville, Ak, Hoboken, NJ, or potential flexibility on location for the appropriate candidate and is expected to travel 25-30% of the time.
What you’ll do…
Process Flow Design: you will interpret information to quantify the anticipate outcome of supply chain decisions, including describing typical tasks with using and managing suppliers, understanding issues for inbound and outbound logistics, and describe basic logistical processes using a variety of business process design tools and techniques
Operational Excellence: you will explain operational functions and key functional roles, clarify the role of each department or unit, and describe the interdependence of support functions
Engineering Economics: you will describe the concepts behind engineering economics and implications of financial data, understand cost drivers, identify major types of financial data utilized by the organization, and explain how it is assessed and used in engineering
Project Management: you will plan and estimate simple projects under guidance and produce standard project status reports, obtain information from stakeholders during the planning process, and assist in detailed project plans – including costs, schedules, and resource requirements
Continuous Improvement: you will define the critical workflow for executing key processes, identify process problems that limit performance, focus on the most significant problems, and surface significant problems to maximize efficiency gains. You will also implement methods of Continuous Improvement methodologies, such as Lean, Six Sigma, or Kaizen
Automation System Design: you will promote the usage of automation machineries, participate in implementation and training, conduct cost-benefit analyses of machineries, and monitor actual versus planned
Automation Integration: you will combine knowledge of automation/system design and learning from previous implementations into a road map, guiding in resolving integration issues and proposing alternatives to a system or technology integration initiative
Mechatronics: you will create views of objects in 2 and 3 dimensions, create perspective drawings and orthogonal views, use design and visualization for basic drafting, and participate in projects that modify existing electrical systems, equipment, and components – including designing, testing, implementing, monitoring, and repairing mechanical components
Data and Digital Literacy: you will leverage data analysis tools to explore moderately complex data, develop and test hypotheses, and use data to influence strategic work
Sustainability: you will implement initiatives that increase sustainability across the fulfillment network.
What you’ll bring…
- Meeting the minimum education and experience requirements; Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Controls, Industrial Engineering or related field
- 4-6 years experience in Engineering, supply chain, automated manufacturing, or related field.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to influence effectively – confidence, credibility, and concise, organized thoughts
- The ability to partner and collaborate while establishing credibility, analyzing stakeholder needs, and responding effectively and efficiently
- Demonstratable business acumen and ownership of project activity
- Defining vision and strategies for automation technologies using internal and external requirements, identifying market opportunities, building business cases, and approving objectives.
- Leading in design and development of progressing new automation technologies through alpha and beta, hardening technologies to implement across the Fulfilment Center network.
- Developing and implementing large-scale automation technology for brownfield and greenfield sites to enhance operational efficiencies, OEE, and increase productivity.
- Implementing efficiencies and best practices in Fulfilment Center Automation Engineering to help speed the delivery and quality of products.
- Establishing, influencing, and managing high-visibility key supplier relationships.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if you…
- You’re a solid engineering talent with an excitement for building new approaches to solving packaging and sustainability problems strategies from the ground up, encompassing automation, sustainability practices, packaging equipment and other technologies.
- You have a technical background that includes Packaging design or Automation from concept through commissioning.
- You’re driven by ambiguity and continuous improvement, seeking new impactful automation methods to develop and implement.
- You have proven ability to take technologies from prototype to production, building a roadmap of capabilities including developing, testing, and deploying automation technologies on a large-scale.
- Experience in E-commerce process flow and lifecycle
- Masters degree in related field
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field and 2 years’ experience in engineering, supply chain, or related area. Option 2: 4 years’
experience in engineering, supply chain, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Masters: Computer Engineering
Primary Location...2901 SE I STREET, STE TBD, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-0000, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth