Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Manager II, Driver Experience Strategy, Program Manager
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Business Operations
- Job Function Business Operations
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1665849
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
On the Driver Experience team, we’re focused on creating an intuitive gig-driver experience that just works. One that is built through the lens of the driver which fosters trust and transparency, nurtures driver retention, and enables the drivers’ voice to be heard and implemented – empowering us to become a low-cost delivery partner and platform of choice for gig-drivers everywhere.
The Driver Experience team is focused on the reduction of driver contact rate and improving the driver satisfaction and loyalty on the platform. We do so by holistically analyzing the experience across every phase of the driver journey and collaborating with product and engineering to enhance existing platform experiences, reducing high-friction pain points, and eliminating defects.
In a lot of ways, we function like a startup, meaning you’ll leverage cross functional leadership, a collaborative mindset (understanding the impact your suggestions have on other teams’ goals and OKRs), and a full range of product thinking and customer experience/operational strategist skills across all organizations.
What you'll do:
As a Program Manager II on the Driver Experience team for Last Mile, you will lead strategic initiatives to improve driver experience at scale. You will own and grow new and exciting programs that bring the voice of the driver to the masses and enable cross-functional teams to act and resolve painful or subpar driver experiences. You will manage and improve program management process within the org to deliver impactful projects in a systematic manner.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
- You have experience in the Last Mile Delivery space or a deep knowledge of the gig industry and the marketplace economy
- You have shown examples of driver (or customer) obsession and will ruthlessly fight for them in every discussion
- You coach, teach, and mentor teams through implementation of lean and six sigma principles/methodologies within your team
- You have led your team to execute projects that improve driver / customer experience
- You are comfortable with working in a fast-paced startup environment with day-to-day ambiguity
- You’re a strategic thinker, and have the ability to look at the long term and are comfortable making tough decisions
- You have a track record of coming up with inventive solutions for our biggest problems and opportunities
- You showcase an ability to lead the team through multiple complex initiatives simultaneously
- You are structured in your thought process and can break down large problems into smaller simpler problems
- You have strong analytical skills to interpret insights coming from various initiatives and data sources
- You can influence direction through data-driven decisions; identify and execute improvement opportunities
You’ll make an impact by:
- Driving strategic initiatives to maintain a positive and successful driver experience
- Understanding driver insights at an aggregate and partnering with cross- functional teams to drive continuous improvements
- Identifying and prioritizing short-term and long-term initiatives to improve driver experience and the platform
- Measuring success based on defined metrics and identify business gaps/opportunities
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Operations, or related field and 4 years’ experience in operations, project management, consulting, or related area OR 6 years’ experience in operations, project management, or related area. 2 years’ supervisory experience.
- Masters: MBA, Operations Management, or Industrial Engineering
- 2+ years of driving process improvements experience
- 5+ years of program or project management experience
- Lean Six Sigma or PMP Certification
- Experience using data and metrics to determine and drive improvements
- Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and excellent written and verbal communication skills to present results to senior leadership
- Excellent judgment and executive presence and the ability to interface with and influence senior executives
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Operations , or related field and 2 years’ experience in operations, project management, or related area OR 4 years’ experience in operations, project management, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Supervising AssociatesMasters: EconomicsProject Management - Project Management Professional - Certification
Primary Location...850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth