Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Staff, Systems and Infrastructure Engineer
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Information Technology
- Job Function System & Infrastructure Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1662042
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
About Team: GTP - Collaboration Tools
Building the right technology foundation for Infrastructure & platforms is vital to success at the scale of Walmart. Our team builds and maintains the foundational technologies that support the tech organization. Included in this are data platforms, enterprise architecture, DevOps, cloud computing, and infrastructure. All of these products and services are supported by scalable and powerful infrastructure, ensuring a secure and seamless employee and customer experience across stores, digital channels, and distribution centers. The GTP - Collaboration Tools Engineering Team provides a platform for Walmart global technology teams to plan, track and collaborate, and tools for executives to make decisions about resourcing and product roadmaps on a large scale. We leverage industry-standard tools like Jira and Confluence, and we build our own custom web tools, data and reporting to empower management decision-making.
What you'll do:
- Provide the world's best collaboration tool experience through customized Jira and Confluence Data Center instances
- Solve unique technical challenges with one of the largest instances of Atlassian tools
- Design, implement, and standardize Jira and Confluence customization at scale through systems/infrastructure, DevOps, and SRE best practices
- Become a SME for Jira Software, Jira Service Desk, and Confluence and own all technical aspects of Systems/Infrastructure, DevOps, and SRE
- Perform yearly upgrades of Confluence and Jira (including plugins)
- Monitor Confluence and Jira and provide 99.9% uptime using tools such as Grafana, Telegraf, Splunk, Dynatrace or other APM tools, and Prometheus. Respond to application incidents due to performance or availability, provide root cause analysis, and create problem resolution plans and implementation of those plans
- Work on complex projects involving Confluence/Jira including integrations with other tools
- End-to-end ownership and ability to analyze the application and systems/infrastructure as a whole to make improvements in the entire stack through automation, application improvements, vendor resolution, and/or infrastructure design
- Implement High Availability and Disaster Recovery best practices
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or other related technical field with >10 years of experience
- Jira Software, Jira ServiceDesk, and Confluence (on-prem) analysis, administration, installation and upgrades including plugins
- Administration and creation of workflows, customfields, permission schemes, notification schemes, screen schemes, project creation, and user management
- Experience with Scriptrunner, Groovy scripting, Shell, PowerShell, Python and other scripting languages to automate functions within Jira and Confluence within the tool or infrastructure
- Experience with configuring and troubleshooting issue collectors and github integrations
- End user support for Jira and Confluence including how-to documents, best practices, incident/bug response and remediation
- Ability to work with Atlassian and Plugin Vendors to resolve incidents and user issues
- Ability to analyze and approve custom API integration requests for Jira and Confluence
-Ability to write custom JQL and SQL for reporting of data and troubleshooting issues
- Experience with analyzing logs and Linux commands as a power user
- Cloud concepts: Infrastructure as code, private/public cloud, Concepts and Infrastructure design for web applications
- Understanding of database (MS SQL and Azure SQL), network, firewall, block storage mount concepts - ability to direct and work with those areas for end to end app solution
- Ability to work closely with Jira and Confluence Product owners and other systems and automation engineers on the team
- Participate in an on-call rotation, triaging application incidents and customer escalations
- Experience with application monitoring tools and troubleshooting of Java applications
- Maintenance, Operational troubleshooting and tuning for Jira or Confluence health (system and application level) or other Java applications
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and product owners, both verbally and written
- Experience with ITIL (Change, Incident, and Problem Management)
- Linux Administration
- Ability to manage projects end to end, set own schedule and track, build and implement repeatable test plans
- HA/DR design, implementation, and automation
- Understanding of Active Directory concepts
Ability to influence and follow up on requests for cross-functional teams
- Coordinate activities with Infrastructure and Platform Teams for maintenance tasks
- Manage and lead others within team as well as cross-functional resources
- Experience with performance testing tools such as LoadRunner, JMeter, SilkMeter, Selenium
- Automation of repetitive tasks or application solutions
- Experience with test case management tools and Portfolio tools in Jira
- Ability to perform upgrades of Jira and Confluence
- Ability to deal with ambiguous and changing requirements
- Experience with application external connectivity
- JVM profiling using tools such as JProfiler, VisualVM, etc
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world’s leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Flexible, hybrid work:
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily in office coupled with virtual when not onsite. Our campuses serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more.You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see https://one.walmart.com/notices .Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart.Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at https://bit.ly/3iOOb1J .The annual salary range for this position is $117,000.00-$234,000.00Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives.Additional compensation for certain positions may also include:- Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location)- Stock equity incentives
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, information systems, information technology, or related area and 4 years’experience in technology infrastructure engineering across areas such as compute, storage, network, mobility or virtualization-related technologies.
Option 2: 6 years’ experience in technology infrastructure engineering across areas such as compute, storage, network, mobility or virtualization relatedtechnologies.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, information systems, information technology, or related area and 2 Years of relevant experience in configuration management, developing automation for Provisioning and Orchestration, experience developing and managing service-level objectives (SLOs)/service level indicators (SLIs) for Infrastructure Service availability and performance
Primary Location...640 W California Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94086-4828, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth