Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Director II, Engineering - Market Fulfillment Systems
- Location ANDOVER, MA
- Career Area Merchandising and Online Operations
- Job Function Merchandising and Online Operations
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1661991
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
We’re searching for a Senior Director II to step into a transformative leadership role as the head of engineering for Walmart’s Market Fulfillment Systems. In this position, you'll be at the forefront of developing and integrating advanced software and product technologies, while advising on high-volume manufacturing designs for optimal product realization.
You’ll also oversee and inspire a diverse engineering team of 150+ professionals, in an environment that promotes innovation, collaboration, and accountability. We’re seeking a dynamic leader who can drive operational excellence in a
role where innovation is not just encouraged but expected.
Please note this position is on site in the Greater Boston / Andover area. A relocation package is provided.
What You’ll Work On:
- Software & Product Integration and Delivery: Ensure the delivery of an advanced Market Fulfillment System (MFS) through the effective management of software, storage structures, workstations, embedded software, and control systems.
- Manufacturing Advisement: Inform the design and introduction of products where high-volume manufacturing is crucial for product realization.
- Team Growth and Performance: Lead a large org of software and hardware engineers, fostering a culture of innovation and collaboration.
- Strategic Collaboration: Partner with Product and Operations to transform the product roadmap, ensuring alignment in objectives from ideation to implementation.
- Quality and Standardization: Establish and maintain engineering standards and continuous improvement programs, targeting year-on-year reduction in system errors through robust predictive and preventative metric monitoring.
- Innovation Leadership: Spearhead technological and operational interventions annually that enhance operational efficiency.
- Clear Communication: Demonstrate effective communication strategies to ensure clarity on initiatives and progress across all organizational levels.
What We’re Looking For:
- Engineering leadership experience in a medium or large organization, with a track record of delivering integrated hardware-software products.
- Proven experience guiding software and electro-mechanical systems, through the entire product development lifecycle.
- Multi-domain engineering proficiency (software, systems, electrical, and/or mechanical) combined with a deep understanding of high-volume manufacturing dynamics.
- Demonstrated ability to take products from concept to market within specified timelines.
- Leadership skills in building high-performance teams and fostering cross-departmental collaborations.
- Startup or new product development experience is a plus, showcasing adaptability and the ability to thrive in ambiguous environments.
- Educational foundation with a Bachelor's or higher degree in a relevant technical field.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Design, or related field and 7 years’ experience in design, merchandising, marketing, or related area OR 9 years’ experience in design, merchandising, marketing, or related area. 3 years’ supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Financial Modeling and Analysis, Microsoft Office, Product Development, Programming Language - VBA, Project Management, Statistical Programming Language - Structured Query Language (SQL)Masters, Masters: ArtsProject Management - Project Management Professional - Certification, Six Sigma Black Belt - Certification, Six Sigma Green Belt - Certification
Primary Location...165 DASCOMB RD, ANDOVER, MA 01810-5886, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"I focus on continual improvement. Results don’t just come, they happen from hard work and having great teams helping you along the way."
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth