Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Manager, Automation Engineering
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Engineering
- Job Function Automation Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1661389
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
What you'll do...
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make and drives us to create the future of retail. We can’t do that without the best talent – talent that is innovative, curious, and driven to create exceptional experiences for our customers.
As an Automation Engineer on the Transportation Engineering team, you’ll use an innovative and analytical mindset to revolutionize Walmart’s Transportation fleet in support of our supply chain digitization and automation strategy and our corporate commitment to achieve zero emissions by 2040. You will research relevant technology and identify strategic industry partners to pilot cutting-edge Autonomous Vehicles (AV) and/or Zero-Emissions Vehicles (ZEV) that are powered by electricity, hydrogen, or natural gas.
The preferred location for this role is Bentonville, AR, but location can be flexible to our other locations for the right candidate. Walmart is building the Supply Chain of the future that will achieve success through innovative, driven, and dynamic engineering leaders who will leverage their expertise to design and implement transformative technology through the following engineering competencies…
- Data and Digital Literacy: You will leverage data analysis tools to explore highly complex data, develop and test hypotheses, influence strategic work, and build and provide insights to construct stories and make decisions
- Process Flow Design: You will interpret information to quantify the anticipated outcome of supply chain decisions, describe the typical tasks associated with using and managing suppliers, and understand issues and considerations for inbound and outbound logistics.
- Automation Integration: You will identify common issues and considerations for bringing a new automation design to a facility, work with teams to measure and manage project performance, document implementation plans and estimates, and participate in the development of technology interfaces and bridges.
- Automation System Design: You will promote the usage of automation machineries, participate in implementation and training, and conduct cost-benefit analysis of machineries while monitoring actual versus plan and consulting on the use of advanced machineries
- Mechatronics: You will create views of objects in 2 and 3 dimensions, perspective drawings and orthogonal views, and use design and visualization to perform basic drafting, among other responsibilities.
- Project Management: You will be responsible for project management tasks, including but not limited to identifying project risks and vulnerabilities, setting up communication and contingency plans, conducting project reviews, and building a strategic road map to identify and leverage synergies.
- Continuous Improvements: You will streamline the critical workflow for executing key processes and develop methods for improving and establishing controls for critical processes
- Engineering Economics: You will advise on a variety of financial tools, techniques, and approaches and assist with building business cases
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You’re a solid engineering contributor with an excitement for adapting and integrating new automated systems in Transportation applications
- You have hands-on engineering experience and are adept at sourcing and manipulating data to support your recommendations to leadership
- You are able to demonstrate experience adapting automation technology to new established environments, and have the ability to communicate technical needs of the situation in order to fully integrate the product, automation and operations to ensure a sustainable solution
- You have a background in Autonomous vehicles, Zero Emissions vehicles, Transportation infrastructure or Autonomous enabling technologies
You’ll make an impact by:
- Defining vision and strategies for automation technologies using internal and external requirements, building business cases, and knowledgeable enough to provide design solutions to implementation issues
- Integrating large-scale new innovative technology across multiple vehicle types
- Implementing efficiencies and best practices in automation and operations to help increase safety and efficiency while decreasing emissions
- Growing, influencing, and managing high-visibility key relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field and 2 years’ experience in engineering, supply chain, or related area. Option 2: 4 years’
experience in engineering, supply chain, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Masters: Computer Engineering
Primary Location...311 NORTH WALTON BOULEVARD, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth