Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Development Technician, Skilled Facilities Maintenance
- Location MILWAUKEE, WI
- Career Area Installation, Maintenance and Utilities
- Job Function Installation, Maintenance, and Repair
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Hourly
- Requisition WD1660750
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Performs routine preventive maintenance to ensure safety, proper functionality, and aesthetics of facilities, equipment, or fixtures under thesupervision of a more senior technician by following established preventive maintenance schedules and guidelines; inspecting, cleaning, andrepairing facilities, equipment, or fixtures; observing and documenting signs of wear and tear; and documenting preventive maintenance activities.
Performs minor repairs on facilities, equipment, or fixtures under the supervision of a more senior technician by utilizing multiple craft skills (forexample, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, material handling equipment, food equipment); inspecting, operating, or testing facilities, equipment, orfixtures to diagnose issues; dismantling equipment, machines, or facilities to access and remove defective parts; diagnosing problems utilizingblueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs as needed; utilizing hand tools, power tools, hoists, and other equipment; responding to emergency callsinvolving facilities, equipment, or fixtures; and documenting repair activities.
Provides assistance on work orders and routine maintenance schedules by completing and providing required written and electronic information (forexample, expense vouchers, weekly summaries, work orders, maintenance logs) under the supervision of a more senior technician; requesting partsfor maintenance or repair work; recording parts usage; conducting price comparisons of parts and travel-related costs; submitting warranty claims;complying with applicable Occupational Safety and Health Administration and Environmental Protection Agency regulations and guidelines; ensuringquality work is completed in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local regulations and codes; unloading and storing equipment; andtransporting equipment between facilities.
Develops, communicates, and implements processes and practices to meet business needs by collaborating with managers, co-workers, customers,and other business partners; analyzing and applying information from multiple sources; monitoring progress and results; and identifying andaddressing improvement opportunities.
Demonstrates, promotes, and supports compliance with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity by explaining, guiding,and demonstrating how to apply these in executing business processes and practices; implementing related action plans; using the Open Door Policy;and assisting management with correcting ethical and compliance issues and problems.
Leads and participates in teams by using and sharing resources, information, and tools; determining customer needs and business priorities;coordinating and executing work assignments; providing advice, feedback, and support to ensure timelines and work quality are achieved; andmodeling and helping others with how to adapt to change or new challenges.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; supports innovation and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Implements and supports continuous improvements and willingly embraces new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers results while putting the customer first and applying an omnimerchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a broad perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Embraces diversity in all its forms and actively supports diversity of ideas and perspectives, as well as diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively to achieve objectives; communicates with
impact to a range of audiences; and demonstrates energy and positivity for own work.
• Contributes to an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, demonstrates engagement and commitment to the team, and recognizes others’
contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.1 years' experience in following trades: plumbing, electrical, material handling equipment, or related trade. OR 2 years Walmart store experience
Facilities Maintenance Certificate of Completion through Live Better U and Penn Foster Career School
Valid Driver's License.
Eligible for a Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Primary Location...3355 S 27TH ST, MILWAUKEE, WI 53215-4303, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth