Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Senior Data Scientist, E2E
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Data Science and Analytics
- Job Function Data Science and Analytics
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1660371
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
You will be an individual contributor for building ML/DS driven products and services within an organization focused on rapid prototyping of novel solutions for problems in supply chain. You will be working alongside other data scientists, operation research scientists and machine learning engineers focused on solving hard problems in network planning, inventory placement, replenishment, fulfillment and transportation routing.
What you'll do:
Join the new Retail Intelligence Team!
The Sr. Data Scientist will join a team of data scientists embedded within the business unit to develop ML solutions for core business problems in network planning, inventory placement, replenishment, fulfillment and transportation routing. The solutions build by this team will integrate with AI engines from merchandising, customer, associate, and intelligent growth to form a systematic and holistic approach to Walmart End to End fulfillment. This valued contributor will work with other teams within the Walmart E2E Fulfillment organization (data governance, data science management, analytics, operations) as well as teams across WMT US (Operations, Supply Chain, Merchandising, Finance). The role is based out of Bentonville Arkansas and reports to the Sr. Manager of Data Science.
You'll sweep us off our feet if...
- You have experience in the development of supply chain solutions such as network planning, inventory placement, replenishment and fulfillment and transportation routing.
- You are skilled in Python. R, Scala are optional.
- You are skilled in at least one of the following optimization solvers: Cplex, Gurobi, CpOptimizer, Ilog Concert, DoCplex, GAMS, Lingo.
- You are experienced in Reinforcement Learning and Multi Agent Reinforcement Learning.
- You are experienced with operational research (OR), optimization, statistical modeling, neural nets. Familiar with ML frameworks: Scikit learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch, MXNet.
- You are experienced in basic ETL practices. SQL experience is required, working experience in SparkSQL or PySpark is preferred.
- You have experience with cloud environment including Azure, Google Cloud, etc.
- Solid MLOps practices including good design documentation, unit testing, integration testing and source code control (git).
- You are experienced with agile methodologies using project planning and tracking management tools e.g., JIRA
- You're stimulated by challenges and are ready to engage at Fortune 1 scale.
You'll make an impact by...
- Utilize optimization techniques to help leadership understand operational and investment decision impacts on supply chain operations as well as the associate, customer, and/or financial priorities.
- Work with AI Enablement team (simulation, experimentation, and measurement) to answer key business questions in supply chain.
- Integrate consumer intelligence, associate intelligence, merchandising and supply chain to form end to end supply chain solutions.
- Design & rapidly prototype tools to support decision making across E2E supply chain.
- Identify data collection opportunities to power end to end supply chain. Support the build out of data feature store.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field and 3 years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 2- Master’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field and 1 years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 3 - 5 years' experience in an analytics or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Data science, machine learning, optimization models, Master’s degree in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Information Technology, Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Successful completion of one or more assessments in Python, Spark, Scala, or R, Using open source frameworks (for example, scikit learn, tensorflow, torch)
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth