Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Software Engineer II
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Engineering and Architecture
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1659353
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
As a part of the Walmart International Inventory and Fulfillment organization, you will contribute to the success of our Fulfillment network. With our Fulfillment Team at the forefront of retail transformation you can work on a team that is ultimately focused on delighting our customers, saving them both time and money in unexpected ways. As the biggest player in the game, we trust our associates to innovate the future of Supply Chain!
This team is at the crossroads of operations and technology to optimize warehouse management systems by centralizing the integration with multiple Walmart products and moving this integration system to cloud to optimize the costs.
Focusing on customer, associate and business needs, this team works with Walmart International, which includes more than 5,200 retail units, operating in 23 countries such as Canada, Central America, Chile, China, India, Mexico and South Africa to name a few.
What you'll do:
- Demonstrate up-to-date expertise in Software Engineering and apply this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans.
- Participate in medium- to large-scale projects.
- Participate in team of application engineers, architect and product visionaries to design, prototype and build technology-driven products that will serve the current and future needs of eCommerce
- Analyzes business problems to design solutions and/or implements and tests complex code changes for specific requirements or application/standalone program.
- Primarily responsible for delivering high quality code for the product requirements in a fast-paced agile scrum sprint.
- Implement application which meet throughput and SLAs requirements,
- Implement unit test cases, perform code reviews and write feature documentation.
- Perform build, deployment and continuous integration processes to move the code and configurations from local development environments to QA & Production environments.
- Drive production deployments using platform’s automated CI and deployment tools
- Responsible for production environment health as first priority, enabling automated monitoring and alerting and ensuring close to 100% uptime.
- Support Business requests for investigation and analysis
- Troubleshoot business and production issues
- Help the team leverage and contribute to open-source technologies
What you'll bring:
- Strong aptitude for writing efficient code in Java/J2EE
- Proven industry experience with medium to large scale distributed systems
- Solid experience with object-oriented and/or event driven systems
- Experience with microservices architecture.
- Experience building application with Spring Boot.
- Working experience in CI/CD tools.
- Knowledge of SQL/No-SQL and database technologies (Oracle, Cosmos DB, ElasticSearch, Casandra and Solr.)
- Monitor application status and identify root cause for failures and necessary changes to resolve the problem from reoccurring in future.
- Hand-On experience on application logging, reporting and monitoring tools like Splunk and Grafana
- Integrate application with various software stacks from Azure and GCP.
- Developing functional and unit test cases by using Junit and TestNG frameworks.
- Building Continuous code Integration & deployment pipelines using tools like Jenkins and Maven.
- Working on code version control systems like GitHub and project tracking and management tools like JIRA, Kanban and Confluence.
- Working with Async Message processing systems like Kafka and JMS technologies to process the messages and integrate across systems.
- Skills should include Java8, J2EE, Spring Boot, Restful API, Microservices, CI/CD, GitHub, Jenkins, Maven, Linux, JIRA, Agile/Scrum, Kafka, XML, JSON, Junit, JMeter.
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world’s leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Flexible, hybrid work:
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily in office coupled with virtual when not onsite. Our campuses serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems, software engineering, or related area.Option 2: 3 years’ experience in software engineering or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Certification in Security+, Network+, GISF, or GSEC
Primary Location...805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth