Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Manager II, Program Management, eComm
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Project and Program Management - PMO
- Job Function Project and Program Management
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1655628
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Senior Manager, Program Operations & Release Management
Walmart Data Ventures
Who we are…
The Walmart Data Ventures team exists to unlock the full value of Walmart’s data by developing and productizing B2B data initiatives that empower merchants and suppliers to make better, faster decisions for the business. As part of this transformation, we’re seeking entrepreneurial individuals to help drive data productization from concept to deployment.
What you'll do...
Walmart Data Ventures is looking for an experienced Senior Program Manager who will be central to the continued growth, efficiency, and success of the Walmart Luminate products by leading the strategy for the organization’s product operations and release management process.
This role requires an exceptional individual who is intellectually curious, enthusiastic, a problem solver, detail-oriented, a self-starter, and can build strong relationships across teams and individuals. The role will have broad exposure across product, engineering, operations, sales, marketing, training, account management, and business development teams.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in program and project management (specifically in product operations and release management), stakeholder leadership, and business operations with some experience with data analytics. The ideal candidate will also have experience with tools such as Airtable and Jira to build standardized processes and ways of working across large teams.
This candidate will have at least one direct report (release manager) with potential growth for a larger team to drive product operations.
Evaluates program performance by comparing projections to actual results; identifying and analyzing key performance indicators and trend data; conducting return-on-investment analyses; reviewing customer response and feedback from key stakeholders; identifying and addressing cross-functional program and project issues; collaborating with teams across the company to leverage processes in order to increase service and product capabilities; and recommending adjustments and process improvement ideas to leadership to meet deliverables.
Drives informed decision-making and ensures resolution of critical issues by partnering with senior leaders to identify goals, success criteria, assumptions, risks, and known issues within the business; creating communication strategy and content; educating sponsors, stakeholders, and executive leadership on program requirements; and developing and implementing a program management life cycle.
Interprets and utilizes information for one or more initiative work streams by using various analytical methodologies; developing solutions within business areas that reduce cost and meet business goals; prioritizing assignments; ensuring accuracy of business data; recommending program changes to stakeholders based on data; and persuading cross-functional teams and stakeholders to implement changes.
Drives program management process improvement by overseeing and/or conducting gap analyses; evaluating and determining practicality of improvement opportunities; developing improved processes based on best practices and standards; ensuring alignment of process improvement with department and company strategy; providing guidance to project leads on process improvement; gaining buy-in and approval from leadership on process improvements; and overseeing the implementation of processes.
Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost-effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team’s strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field and 4 years’ experience in project management, compliance, operations
management, or related area OR 6 years’ experience in project management, compliance, operations management, or related area.
2 years’ experience leading cross-functional teams.
3 years’ experience using intermediate functionality of Microsoft Office.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Managing a budget, profit and loss statement, or relate financial process, Master’s degree in Business Administration or related field like (not limited to) Project Management, Compliance, Operations ManagementProject Management - Project Management Professional - Certification
Primary Location...850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"My favorite part of the day is talking with my team while drinking coffee and eating a donut."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth