Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Maintenance Shift Manager - Optical - 1st Shift
- Location CRAWFORDSVILLE, IN
- Career Area Installation, Maintenance and Utilities
- Job Function Installation, Maintenance, and Repair
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1655474
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Monitors work plans, workloads, and associates in order to meet deadlines by talking with associates to solve problems; resolving delay issues to stayon schedule; and using systems to audit progress and identify concerns early within a shift.
Maintains quality and safety standards for the facility, grounds, and equipment by ensuring equipment, tools, and supplies used by associates are inproper working order and readily available at the start of each shift; ensuring associates are trained on company policies and procedures; monitoringcompliance with policies, procedures, standards, and maintenance goals; and identifying and resolving internal/external customer and associateconcerns.
Manages maintenance department daily operations by diagnosing equipment problems; developing repair alternatives and taking action to repairpower equipment, electrical systems, electronics, conveyor systems, and other areas of the facility; and ensuring that associates are trained to makerepairs to equipment (for example, material handling equipment, pneumatic systems, electrical systems, air compressors, ammonia refrigerationequipment, conveyors, monitoring the energy center where applicable, general building repairs ).
Assigns and supports activities to ensure compliance with external rules and regulations (for example, Occupational Safety and Health Administration,
Hazardous Waste, National Fire Protection Association, Storm Water, Department of Transportation) and assigns and supports the maintenance of the
automated material handling equipment and systems that support the plant.
Supports associate engagement by providing learning opportunities; and providing cross-training opportunities to associates.Manages complex projects by assisting in the strategic planning, preparation, and initiation of changes needed to install and program new equipmentand increase facility efficiency; assisting lab management in the scheduling, delivery, and setup of new equipment; and planning, prioritizing anddistributing assignments to maintenance technicians.
Supervises and develops associates in area of responsibility by assigning duties and coordinating workloads; communicating goals, monitoringperformance, and providing feedback; teaching and supporting company policies and procedures; and participating in the interviewing, promotion,coaching, training, and evaluation of associates.
Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments by developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders;supporting plans and initiatives to meet customer and business needs; identifying and communicating goals and objectives; building accountability forand measuring progress in achieving results; identifying and addressing improvement opportunities; and demonstrating adaptability and promotingcontinuous learning.
Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by hiring and training; mentoring; assigning duties; providing recognition; andensuring diversity awareness.
Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity byimplementing related action plans; utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy; and providing direction and guidance on applying these in executingbusiness processes and practices.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team’s strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications:Associate's Degree in Business, Logistics, or related field and 1 year’s experience in logistics, supply chain management, or related area OR 2 years’ experience in logistics, supply chain management, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Supervising AssociatesBachelors: Business, Bachelors: Human Resources, Bachelors: Logistics
Primary Location...801 CORDA BLVD, CRAWFORDSVILLE, IN 47933-2152, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth