Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Senior Software Engineer, Cybersecurity
- Location RESTON, VA
- Career Area Cybersecurity
- Job Function Cybersecurity
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1655353
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
The Identity and Access Development team is seeking a Senior Software Engineer who takes initiative and is motivated to deliver innovative solutions utilized by Walmart associates worldwide. You will work alongside a team of engineers to design, develop, and maintain our suite of products owned by Identity, Web Auth, and OSE.
At Walmart, we prioritize innovation and data security. Our team is dedicated to maintaining a secure operating environment and preserving the trust of our customers, associates, and stakeholders. We combine a range of services and expertise to prevent fraud, detect threats, and manage digital risk and access. Our focus is on mitigating attack risks, securing cloud transformation, and fostering a culture of security and reliability within our team
What you'll do:
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will:
- Develop new features and enhancements for our Identity products
- Design and implement solutions that align with business needs and goals
- Write complex SQL queries and optimize query performance
- Troubleshoot bugs and find opportunities for automation and simplification
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to align on priorities and business needs
- Drive innovation and improvements within the identity space
- Mentor and provide guidance to team members
- Communicate current status and blockers to team members and project management team
- Provide support to partner teams on solutions we develop
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems, software engineering, or related area and 2 years of experience in software engineering or related area OR 4 years of experience in software engineering or related area
- At least 2 years of experience developing in 1 or more languages, preferably C#, Java, and/or PowerShell. Proficiency in other languages is accepted
- Familiarity with various operating systems (Windows, *nix)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to present to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Cybersecurity background with knowledge of Walmart InfoSec applications
- Work independently with little to no guidance
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world’s leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Flexible, hybrid work:
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily in office coupled with virtual when not onsite. Our campuses serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field and 3 years' experience in information technology within the past 7 years OR 5 years' experience in information technology or related field within the past 7 years OR a Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Certified Intrusion analyst (GCIAs), GIAC Certified Enterprise Defender (GCED), Certified Geographic Information Systems Professional (GISP), GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), and/or Security+ certification, Mainframe Technology, Programming language or languages (for example, Java, C/C++, .NET, Rexx, Cobol, Powershell), SAP, Version control software (for example, Subversion, Git, Librarian), Working as a project or team lead, Writing SQL queries in a database platform (for example, Oracle, DB2, SQL Server).
Primary Location...10790 PARKRIDGE DR. SUITE 200, RESTON, VA 20191, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, D.C. Metro
National landmarks, museums, renowned restaurants—the D.C. Metro is a hub of activity and culture. It’s also a prime location for the future of tech.Discover D.C. Metro
The Lincoln Memorial
"In this temple, as in the hearts of the people for whom he saved the Union, the memory of Abraham Lincoln is enshrined forever."
The National Mall
A symbol of freedom and equality, millions visit the Mall annually to relax, enjoy its beauty, visit its museums and find voice.
Escape for a hike in the great outdoors at Great Falls, where the Potomac River spills over steep, jagged rocks through the picturesque Mather Gorge.
Air and Space
Companion to the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum on the Mall, the Udvar-Hazy Center displays thousands of aviation and space artifacts.
Wolf Trap National Park
This 117-acre park is a majestic natural setting for performances, dining and year-round recreational opportunities like hiking and sledding.
Fishing, boating, campgrounds, mini train, carousel, volleyball courts, golf course, disk golf, snack shop, picnic areas, playgrounds and mini-golf!
Reston Town Center
Shopping, dining, ice-skating and events in a beautiful setting in the heart of Reston.
The final resting place for more than 400,000 active duty service members, veterans and their families, honoring their service to our country.
City of Alexandria
Once among the 10 busiest ports in America, the city's historic character still remains; beautiful 18th- and 19th-century buildings line the Old Town.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth