Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Director, Technical Program Management
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Project and Program Management - Technology
- Job Function Technical Program Management
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1654808
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Are you passionate about pioneering cutting-edge technology that can revolutionize the world of associate (employee) experiences? Do you dream of playing a leadership role that will shape the future of Global People Systems? If you possess a visionary mindset of solving data and integration challenges at scape with exceptional technical and program expertise, you may be interested in this opportunity.
About the Team:
Join our dynamic and forward-thinking People Technology engineering organization as our Director of Technical Project Manager in the People Data space, where you’ll be at the forefront of driving innovation, spearheading transformative projects and foundational improvements. We are seeking a leader who can seamlessly bridge the gap between business asks and organizing the work to deliver state of the art solutions. Your projects will have tremendous impact, be scalable, and at the center of platform modernization efforts in Walmart’s People Technology organization.
Position Overview: As the Director of Technical Project Management, you will lead work for the People Data area. You will work closely with cross-functional teams, including software engineers, product managers, designers, and stakeholders, to drive solutions and implementaton of strategies that align with our business objectives.
What You’ll Do:
- Team Leadership: The director should demonstrate strong leadership skills, motivating and guiding their project management team effectively.
- Communication: Effective communication with team members, stakeholders, and executives, ensuring clear project objectives and progress updates.
- Performance Management: Tracking and assessing individual and team performance, setting goals, and providing constructive feedback.
- Resource Allocation: Efficiently allocate resources, both human and technical, to maximize productivity and meet project goals.
- Development and Training: Promote ongoing learning and development for team members to keep skills current.
- Retention and Succession Planning: Ensure talent retention and identify potential successors within the team.
- Establishes methods for effective launches, drive technical decisions within initiatives, and mentors team members to assess engineering practices.
- Project Planning: Develop comprehensive project plans, including scope, schedules, budgets, and resource allocation.
- Understand customer requirements and architectural requirements relevant for all products within a domain in line with customer expectations.
- Risk Management: Identify and mitigate risks proactively, ensuring minimal disruptions to critical projects.
- Quality Assurance: Implement quality control measures to maintain project deliverable standards.
- Budget Management: Manage project budgets effectively, ensuring adherence to financial constraints.
- Stakeholder Management: Foster strong relationships with stakeholders and ensure their needs and expectations are met.
- Ensure requirements are documented and success criteria is clearly defined.
- Changes in scope and/or priorities will follow approval process.
- Manage and communicate changes to project scope, objectives, or deliverables effectively.
- Project Tracking: Use project management tools and methodologies to monitor project progress and adjust plans as needed.
- Communicating updates weekly/bi-weekly as established with stakeholders.
- Problem Solving: Quickly address and resolve project issues, minimizing their impact on critical project milestones.
- Escalating as needed to leadership when help is needed.
- Documentation: Maintain thorough project documentation, including requirements, plans, reports, and post-project evaluations.
- Deliverable Quality: Ensure project deliverables meet or exceed quality standards and customer expectations.
- Project Closure: Successfully close projects, conducting post-project evaluations, documenting lessons learned, and transitioning to operations or maintenance teams when required.
- Continuous Improvement: Seek opportunities to improve project management processes and methodologies.
What you’ll bring:
- 10+ years of project and program experience in software development technologies.
- Designs, Scopes, and Builds large projects with large teams
- 5+ years of people leader experience
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams and driving technical initiatives from concept to delivery.
- In-depth knowledge of emerging technologies and industry trends in the technology space.
- Strong problem-solving abilities, with a focus on practical solutions that balance technical excellence with business needs.
- Proven track record of driving innovation and technical excellence within a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world’s leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Flexible, hybrid work:
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily in office coupled with virtual when not onsite. Our campuses serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.• Option 1: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, or related area and 7 years’ experience in engineering, engineering program management, technical program management, product management, or related area.
• Option 2: 9 years’ experience in engineering, engineering program management, technical program management, product management, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Certification in Project Management., Master’s degree in Business Administration, with specialization in strategy, supply chain, finance, information systems, or related area and 5 years’ experience in product design., Supervisory
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth