Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Senior Meat Cutter
- Location ONALASKA, WI
- Career Area Sam’s Club Jobs
- Job Function Food Services
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Hourly
- Requisition WD1654328
What you'll do at
Position Summary...As a Senior Meat Cutter you will drive sales in your area to deliver to our members more of what they love, for less. You will work collaboratively with other associates to ensure the total club meets the member’s expectations.
What you'll do...
- Be a Team Member: Collaborates with cross functional teams and helps educate other associates on tools, tasks and resources; communicating effectively and developing interpersonal skills for providing customer service; being flexible to the needs of the business; tracking goods, maintaining in-stock levels, and controlling shrinkage.
- Be an Expert: Maintains an in-depth knowledge of the various types and seasonality of different meat products, equipment usage, and backroom operations; providing meat products to members by processing meat according to specifications (for example, cutting, slicing, grinding, and wrapping meat products); ensuring compliance with food safety standards, sanitation guidelines, and inventory management; operating, maintaining, and sanitizing equipment.
- Be a Techie: Leverages digital tools to drive sales, improve the shopping experience, and elevate associate engagement; utilizing hand held technology to make immediate business decisions related to production, training, and product quality with the member in mind; adapting to new tools and encouraging others to use them.
- Be an Owner: Drives the business results, ensuring commitment to operational excellence, planning for profitability, maintaining a work area according to company policies and procedures; ensuring quality and standards for high volume meat products; eliminating waste; securing fragile and high-shrink merchandise; assisting members with purchasing decisions; and ensuring merchandise is properly packaged, labeled and stored.
- Be a Talent Ambassador: Being an advocate for the department and the club by valuing the member's experience in the meat area and modeling high quality service and products; executing the basics at highest possible level of quality; interacting with associates to understand the roadblocks and assists in training them to perform job-related duties as assigned.
- Complies with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; using the Open Door Policy; and applying these in executing business processes and practices.
- Completes work assignments and priorities by using policies, data, and resources; collaborating with managers, co-workers, customers, and other business partners; identifying priorities, deadlines, and expectations; carrying out tasks; communicating progress and information; determining and recommending ways to address improvement opportunities; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications6 months’ experience working in a fresh production department.
I acknowledge that the position for which I am applying requires me to successfully complete all job required trainings and assessments within a prescribed time period if I receive the position.
Must be 18 years of age or older
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Meat Processing Area
Primary Location...1211 CROSSING MEADOWS DR, ONALASKA, WI 54650-8560, United States of America
About Sam's Club
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
Sam’s Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Free Membership and discounts in fresh produce
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Paid education assistance with college degrees through our Live Better U program
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid time off - to include vacation, sick leave and parental leave
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth