Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Director, Emergency Preparedness and Strategy (Director, Security)
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Global Investigations and Security
- Job Function Global Investigations and Security
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1652402
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
The Director of Emergency Preparedness and Strategy is responsible for all strategic and operational aspects of Walmart’s emergency preparedness program. Additionally, the director will be a major contributor to the emergency public/private partnership activities (at local, state/territorial, and federal levels). Strategically, they will also play a large role in working with the Senior Director, leadership and stakeholders on developing and executing the overall Global Emergency Management strategy. This role reports to the Senior Director II, Security.
In this role, you will be a member of the Global Emergency Management leadership team and the company’s subject matter expert on emergency management preparedness. You’ll lead a team of experts and partner with key stakeholders within the business to ensure crisis/emergency readiness.
What you’ll bring:
- Experience leading large scale or complex organization emergency preparedness programs to include training, exercising, and communications practices.
- Strong relationship building and maintenance capability with cross-functional partners.
- Demonstrated understanding and management of emergency preparedness strategies, processes, and solution delivery.
- Understanding of governmental emergency program structures, programs and strategies (e.g., NRF, ICS, etc.).
- In-depth understanding of resilience education practices, training, and exercise design and deployment.
- Capability to motivate global teams in meeting timelines, compliance and engage in critical decision making in structured and unstructured scenarios.
- Understanding of KPIs and metrics that drive preparedness programs forward.
- Experience in deploying and maintaining resilience planning technology and data sets.
- Leadership capability in developing direct and indirect reports and teams.
- Effective and clear communication at all levels of an organization
What you’ll do:
- Think strategically. Determine the strategic program direction, maturity, and growth over time considering business variables, needs, risks, and desired outputs.
- Drive action. Ensure execution of the company’s emergency preparedness program across the enterprise business units to ensure efficient delivery, effective results, and timeliness of activities.
- Develop partnerships: Represent the company in engaging with external emergency response organizations and create efficient and effective communication and action pathways.
- Ensure compliance. Ensure the company meets all obligations and requirements in executing the emergency preparedness program and planning processes.
- Measure effectively. Leverage data, measurement and KPIs to effectively monitor the program and create appropriate visibility on activities and outcomes.
- Develop people and teams. Lead and develop the team and individuals (including indirect stakeholders) to drive the program forward and develop/maintain high levels of performance.
- Build relationships. Develop and maintain internal/external network to create a 360-degree feedback loop on program efficacy and influence forward progress.
- Bachelor’s degree in emergency management, business resilience, security management, adult education, sociology or related field OR 10 years’ experience in emergency management, business continuity, emergency preparedness, disaster recovery or related field.
- 5 years’ experience implementing and maintaining an emergency preparedness program.
- Possess knowledge and experience in multiple areas of business resiliency, emergency/disaster management, emergency preparedness, and disaster recovery.
- Certification as Business Continuity Professional (CBCP), Master Business Continuity Professional (MBCP), or Certified Emergency Manager (CEM).
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Law, Risk Management, or related field and 5 years’ experience in security, emergency management, risk management, law enforcement, fire service, or related area OR 7 years’ experience in security, emergency management, risk management, law enforcement, fire service, or related area. 1 year’s supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Emergency Management, Project ManagementMasters: Business Administration
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth