Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Technician I, HVAC/R Facilities Maintenance - WMUS
- Location ALEXANDRIA, MN
- Career Area Installation, Maintenance and Utilities
- Job Function Installation, Maintenance, and Repair
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Hourly
- Requisition WD1652292
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
BEAT the HEAT with Walmart Facilities Department as a HVAC Refrigeration Specialist!!!
Are you one of the few people out there that have Commercial Refrigeration experience? Are you looking for a great career with UPWARD MOBILITY, COMPETITIVE PAY, and a company that promotes a healthy WORK LIFE BALANCE? If so, we would love to talk to you about our HVAC Refrigeration Specialist openings in your area.
We are looking to grow our team and adding top talent to join our fast-paced, family environment!
What are the essential functions of the HVAC Refrigeration Specialist:
- Maintain and repair Walmart facilities HVAC/R equipment and assets by utilizing commercial HVAC and Refrigeration skills and using hand tools, digital tools, power tools, and other equipment to complete jobs
- Utilize the work order management system to receive repair Work Orders to support Stores and Store associates and documenting repair activities
- Provide prompt response to emergency maintenance calls.
- Inspecting, operating, or testing facilities, equipment, or fixtures to diagnose issues
- Complete all required training requirements to safely operate equipment and tools
- Ensures compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration and Environmental Protection Agency regulations and guidelines by performing work according to practices and procedures outlined in the Walmart HVAC/R safety policy and environmental guidelines
Benefits of the HVAC Refrigeration Specialist position:
- Career Advancement
- World Class Training
- Dedicated internal support with the freedom to work independently.
- Work Vehicle and Tools provided.
- Eligible for 8% bonus incentive
- 10% Walmart discount
- Paid Time Off accrual
- Full benefits available for Health / Vision / Dental / Life
- 401k with company match
- Eligible to participate in the Associate Stock Purchase Plan
- FREE College through Live Better University
HVAC Refrigeration Specialist Position Requirements:
- 18 years or older
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Vocational or Technical HVAC/R certification and 6 months’ experience, OR 2 years total work experience, in commercial refrigeration, mechanical maintenance or construction-related field for commercial HVAC/R and building controls or related field
- Universal EPA
- Large Scale Rack Refrigeration Experience
- Valid Driver's License
- Can lift 20 lbs. frequently and 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Can Move up and down ladders frequently.
- Comfortable working at heights frequently
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Vocational or Technical HVAC/R certification and 6 months’ experience in mechanical maintenance or construction-related field for commercial HVAC/R and building controls OR 2 years’ experience in mechanical maintenance or construction-related field for commercial HVAC/R and building controls or related field.
Type I and Type II Environmental Protection Agency certification for refrigerant handling.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Completion of a 2-year Vocational or Technical HVAC/R program
Primary Location...5755 GATEWAY DRIVE, GRAND FORKS, ND 58203-0000, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth