Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Asset Protection Operations Coach Trainee
- Location FOUNTAIN, CO
- Career Area Business Operations
- Job Function Business Operations
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Hourly
- Requisition WD1652155
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Detects, deters, investigates, and resolves violations of company policies and criminal activities by investigating alleged fraud and other alleged illegal activities; conducting investigations relating to the operations and policies of the company; obtaining evidence, taking statements, writing case reports, and providing court room testimony, as needed; and participating in collaborative efforts with other investigative entities.
Monitors safety and risk controls within a facility by ensuring an effective safety program is in place; supervising the safety team; identifying accident trends to develop and implement solutions to prevent accidents; observing work practices and providing training to associates on accident prevention techniques; communicating plans to minimize accidents; and overseeing safety reviews and implementing plans to improve safety.
Manages facility level training and execution of asset protection, safety functions, and claims and receiving procedures by reviewing the application of policies, procedures, compliance guidelines (for example, cold chain, hazardous materials) and operational controls; identifying gaps in expectations versus training levels; determining training needs; and developing and delivering the training where needed.
Manages claims and receiving operations by ensuring proper policies and procedures are followed; ensuring timely processing of claims (for example, damaged, defective, returned, liquidated items) and merchandise deliveries (for example, suppliers, third party deliveries); providing direction for claims or receiving issues; and maintaining necessary documentation and reporting.
Models and demonstrates exceptional customer service standards to store associates by following and demonstrating the One Best Way (OBW) service model; managing and supporting customer service initiatives (for example, store of the community and community outreach programs); ensuring customer needs, complaints, and issues are successfully resolved; developing and implementing action plans to correct deficiencies; and providing process improvement leadership to ensure a high quality customer experience.
Drives the financial performance and sales of the designated store area by reviewing and evaluating P&L (Profit & Loss) statements; managing and assisting in budgeting, forecasting and controlling expenses in designated business area to confirm they are indexed to sales; monitoring and ensuring effective merchandise presentation, seasonal transitions, inventory flow, and operational processes; and developing and implementing action plans to mitigate shrink and ensure sales and profit goals are achieved for business area.
Provides supervision and development opportunities for hourly associates by hiring, training, and mentoring of associates; assigning duties; setting clear expectations; providing associate recognition; communicating expectations consistently and effectively; ensuring diversity and inclusion awareness; and recruiting and developing qualified associates to meet staffing needs and achieve company growth potential.
Leads and develops teams effectively by teaching, training, and actively listening to associates; touring stores and providing feedback (Tour-toTeach); communicating and collaborating with all levels of associates regarding store operations, utilizing technology, business initiatives, merchandising, and company direction; introducing and leading company change efforts; providing clear expectations and guidance to implement business solutions; and communicating business objectives to teams effectively.
Controls the unexplained loss of merchandise and improves profitability by identifying and communicating performance goals and objectives; building accountability for policies and procedures; measuring adherence to loss prevention policies and procedures; reviewing variances to inventory reports; conducting operational and pre-inventory reviews; gathering data, auditing results and monitoring deficiency trends; identifying improvement opportunities; communicating and working with managers and associates to determine corrections needed to inventory controls and influencing the implementation and execution of control corrections; and teaching managers and associates operational controls and processes in multiple stores.
Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; supports innovation and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Implements and supports continuous improvements and willingly embraces new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers results while putting the customer first and applying an omnimerchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a broad perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Embraces diversity in all its forms and actively supports diversity of ideas and perspectives, as well as diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively to achieve objectives; communicates with
impact to a range of audiences; and demonstrates energy and positivity for own work.
• Contributes to an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, demonstrates engagement and commitment to the team, and recognizes others’
contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.• For facilities that sell firearms, I acknowledge that the position for which I am applying will require successful completion of a firearms- specific Criminal Background Check (CBC) and Firearms Authorized Training.
• For facilities that sell only ammunition and have state specific requirements, I acknowledge that the position for which I am applying may require a current state issued Certificate of Eligibility.
• Associates will be required to attend and successfully complete all job-required trainings and assessments (for example, Academy trainings, Open Door trainings, etc.).
• Meets applicable state requirements to work in Asset Protection, such as, minimum age, specialized training, certification and/ or licensing.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Bachelor's Degree in Business, Criminal Justice, or related field, Bachelor of Science in Business Management and Leadership through Live Better U and Bellevue University, Certificate of Completion in People and Business Leadership through Live Better U and Bellevue University, Certification in an asset protection related field (for example, Loss Prevention Qualified, Loss Prevention Certified), General work experience supervising 5 or more direct reports to include the responsibility of performance management, mentoring, hiring, and firing, Investigative experience
Primary Location...6310 S US HIGHWAY 85-87, FOUNTAIN, CO 80817-1006, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth