Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Human Resource Manager (Fashion, Import, Jewelry, Regional, Wm.Com Campus, Returns)- RETURN CENTER
- Location GREENFIELD, IN
- Career Area Distribution and Fulfillment Centers
- Job Function Distribution and Fulfillment Centers
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1651679
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
About Walmart Supply Chain
Leaders and individual contributors alike look to our Supply Chain People teams to influence strategy, optimize working models, and enable the business to achieve results while preserving the fabric that sets us apart and keeps our 1.3M+ associates coming to work every day. By providing the necessary tools and insights, our People professionals operate as partners at every phase of workforce planning, talent management, organizational design, and change management. From building communities to preparing Walmart for the future, to be a member of this team is to operate as a vital component to our sustainable success. Together, we think beyond the status-quo and inspire others to evoke positive change. When you join us in Walmart Supply Chain, you immerse yourself in our culture, becoming a trailblazer and a true agent of influence.
Our Return Center #9193 in beautiful Greenfield, IN is seeking a Human Resources Manager to join our team of 400+ associates. Surrounded by beautiful parks, excellent schools, and a rich history, our thriving local economy, combined with convenient access to Indianapolis, offers a great place to work and live.
If you think strategically, are a natural leader, and want to make an impact, you will be right at home in our people-centric culture! One of your top objectives will be to attract and retain the best people. In this role, you will lead a broad range of HR functions to include but not limited to associate engagement, training, and development, recruiting and staffing, onboarding and new hire orientation, associate relations and strategic HR initiatives.
What you’ll bring…
- 2+ years’ experience in Human Resources including progressively more responsible management experience.
- You have a demonstrated passion for working with people while growing associates and leaders in your organization.
- Process-focused and detail-oriented: The ideal candidate should possess a strong ability to identify, develop, and implement efficient processes and procedures within the HR department. They should be able to analyze current systems, identify areas for improvement, and create streamlined processes that enhance productivity and ensure compliance with relevant regulations and policies.
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws
- Strong recruiting and demonstrated ability to improve talent acquisition strategies.
- Demonstrated expertise training managers and associates.
- HR Certification (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP) desirable.
What you’ll do…
- Communicating with (or to) individuals or groups verbally and/or in writing (e.g., customers, suppliers, associates).
- Driving and implementing the business plan for area of responsibility to achieve facility goals (e.g., production, quality, safety) and implement operational improvements.
- Serving as a community liaison by participating in local and community organizations and charitable activities; champion company-sponsored programs and events to associates, customers, and the local community.
- Supervising and/or managing associates and leaders in area of responsibility by giving direction, monitoring performance, and providing feedback; identifying training and development needs and providing opportunities for learning and growth; teaching, supporting, and modeling
- Logistics and company policies and procedures; and participating in the hiring, promotion, coaching, teaching, and evaluation of associates, leaders, and managers.
- Monitoring and ensuring area of responsibility's compliance with Logistics and company quality and safety standards, policies, procedures, and directives by developing, distributing, and/or maintaining procedures and supporting documentation.
- Investigating and ensuring associate, customer and supplier concerns are resolved, using own judgment or consulting others when needed.
- Overseeing, direct, and conduct day-to-day operations of all HR related functions (e.g., benefits, hiring/transfers, terminations, payroll, associate relations programs) by executing and refining recruiting and staffing initiatives; monitoring the completion of training curricula; and addressing employment-related concerns for applicants, associates, and managers.
- Ensuring compliance with company HR policies and local, state, and federal laws and regulations by reviewing and managing the accuracy, confidentiality, and maintenance of HR-documents; assisting in the implementation of and ensuring compliance with HR systems applications; advising on, researching, and resolving HR-related issues; and analyzing information and data to recommend and/or make HR business decisions.
Lives Our Values
- Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
- Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
- Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
- Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
- Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team’s strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
- Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
- Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks
At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, education assistance with college degrees, company discounts, military service pay, adoption expense reimbursement, and more.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Health
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree in business or a related field and 2 years' HR Generalist experience (e.g., payroll, workers compensation, benefits) with at least one year supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing employees; managing workload; and participating in the hiring and promotion of employees OR 1 year's experience as a Walmart Logistics Human Resources Area Manager or Walmart Human Resources Office Manager supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing associates; managing associate workload; and participating in the hiring and promotion of associates, including dealing with employment compensation/payroll processing, employee relations, recruiting/staffing, organizational planning, and/or training and development programs OR 3 years' experience supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing employees, managing workload; and participating in the hiring and promotion of employees including one year of experience managing human resource processes (e.g., staffing, payroll, workers compensation, benefits).
Associates will be required to attend and successfully complete all job-required trainings and assessments (for example, Academy trainings, Open Door trainings, etc.).
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Benefits, Compensation, Managing challenging workforce issues, Managing Departmental Payroll, Supervising Associates, Training and FacilitationBachelors: Business, Bachelors: Finance, Bachelors: Human Resources, Bachelors: Logistics, Bachelors: Management, Bachelors: Operations ManagementHuman Resources - Professional HR (PHR) CERTIFICATION - Certification, Human Resources - Sr. Professional HR (SPHR) CERTIFICATION - Certification
Primary Location...6719 W 350 NORTH, GREENFIELD, IN 46140-0000, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth