Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Technician II, General Facilities Maintenance - WMUS
- Location ELKTON, MD
- Career Area Installation, Maintenance and Utilities
- Job Function Installation, Maintenance, and Repair
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Hourly
- Requisition WD1651498
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Walmart is expanding our General Maintenance Team for our retail stores. We are looking to grow our team and find top talent to join our fast-paced, friendly environment!
What are the essential functions of the General Maintenance Technician:
- Maintain and repair Walmart facilities, equipment, and assets by utilizing multiple craft skills (for example, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, material handling equipment, food equipment) and using hand tools, power tools, and other equipment to complete jobs
- Utilize the work order management system to receive reactive repair Work Orders to support Stores and Store associates and documenting repair activities.
- Provide prompt response to emergency maintenance calls.
- Inspecting, operating, or testing facilities, equipment, or fixtures to diagnose issues.
- Complete all required training requirements to safely operate equipment and tools.
General Maintenance Technician Position Requirements:
- 18 years or older
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Vocational or Technical certification and 1 years' experience, or 2 years’ total work experience, in one of the following trades: plumbing, electrical, material handling equipment, or related trade
- Valid Driver's License
- Can lift 20 lbs frequently and 50 lbs occasionally
- Can move up and down ladders frequently.
- Comfortable working at heights frequently
Benefits of the General Maintenance Technician position:
- Eligible for 8% bonus incentive
- 10% Walmart discount
- Paid Time Off that accrues.
- Full benefits available for Health / Vision / Dental / Life
- 401k with company match
- Eligible to participate in the Associate Stock Purchase Plan
- FREE College through Live Better University
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Vocational or Technical certification and 3 years' experience in one of the following trades: plumbing, electrical, material handling equipment, or related trade or 5 years' experience in one of the following trades: plumbing, electrical, material handling equipment, or related trade.
Valid Driver's License.
Eligible for a Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Completion of a 2-year Vocational or Technical trade program, License in related trade in city and/or state where job is located, Using intermediate level functionality of word processing, spreadsheet, email, and presentation software (for example, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Primary Location...1000 E PULASKI HWY, ELKTON, MD 21921-6306, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth