Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Manager, Automation Engineering
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Engineering
- Job Function Automation Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1651468
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
About the Team
The Senior Manager, Customer Operational Excellence is a member of our Store Automation and Innovation team. This team is responsible for innovation and automation across the store that will help improve customers and associates experience, as well as provide insights to cross functional organizations to improve decision making. You will be working in a startup environment in this role where we will go from ideation to MVP in 120 days and maintain existing roadmaps to evolve our solutions. This is a combination of both a business and product role; this role includes solving customer pain points to meet LRP goals, applying innovative technology, running experiences and proof of technology, and working cross functionally to launch experiences to chain.
You will report to the Director, Store Innovation & Automation. This is an onsite role based in Bentonville, Arkansas; a full relocation package is available, but we are not considering remote candidates at this time.
What you’ll do….
- Create roadmaps to lead to future state
- Craft and pioneer solutions to transform the way customers shop in-store
- Modernize store (sales floor and front end) to improve the customer and associate experience
- Focus on today’s in-store customer problems, with an eye out for the future
- Build experience to help Walmart leap ahead of the competition
- Ensure decisions are made using data to prioritize and solve for problems
- Apply new technologies to real world in-store customer problems while balancing the cost to scale
- Work to build new hardware and algorithms to ensure a seamless customer shopping experience
- Work with product, technology, and design to engineer solutions in short cycle times
You’ll sweep us off our feet if you…
- Are obsessed about solving customer problems.
- Always find a way to get things done and have a startup mindset
- Have an eye for both form and function.
- Show curiosity about current and future technology trends and are willing to learn, adapt, and adopt to changing needs
- Have core product management experience and have utilized innovative technology to solve real-world customer and/or associate problems
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field and 4 years’ experience in Engineering, supply chain, or a related area. Option 2: 6
years’ experience in Engineering, supply chain, or a related area.
2 years’ supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Masters: Computer Engineering
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth