Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Project Manager II, Implementation And Sustainment - Supply Chain
- Location SPRING VALLEY, IL
- Career Area Project and Program Management - PMO
- Job Function Project and Program Management
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1651401
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Develops tools that support project initiatives (for example, feedback collection tools, gap identification tools) by identifying and determining information and tool requirements; gathering and analyzing data and information; designing and formatting tools; assessing enhancement requirements; implementing finalized product; tracking usage and feedback; addressing or escalating issues as needed; and maintaining tools and reports.
Leads a large project or multiple medium-sized projects by defining the scope and objectives of the project; working with business units to identify goals, success criteria, assumptions, risks, and known issues with the project; coordinating planning activities (for example, business requirements, risk assessment, current and desired diagrams, target date) and assembling management plans; developing and implementing resource plans; monitoring budgets and costs for projects; managing changes (for example, scope, schedule, costs) to the plans; and ensuring adherence to established project standards.
Analyzes business efficiencies for Walmart Central Operations' sustainment and implementation projects by using various analytical methodologies; developing creative solutions within business areas that reduce cost or meet business goals; using judgment to prioritize assignments; ensuring data accuracy; applying business measures and analyses to identify improvement opportunities; probing beyond symptoms to determine root causes of problems and identify possible solutions; developing, automating, and implementing tools to support project analytics; and communicating project metrics to leadership.
Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team’s strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor's degree in Arts, Sciences, Business, or related field and 2 years’ experience in project management, operations management, or related field OR 4 years’ experience in project management, operations management, or related field.
Associates will be required to attend and successfully complete all job-required trainings and assessments (for example, Academy trainings, Open Door trainings, etc.).
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Developing reporting, database, and/or feedback tools, Leading a cross-functional team, Writing queries, report automation, or related field (for example, SQL queries, Microsoft Excel macro development)
Primary Location...3100 IL HIGHWAY 89, SPRING VALLEY, IL 61362-9133, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"My favorite part of the day is talking with my team while drinking coffee and eating a donut."
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth