Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Senior Manager II, Product Management (Tech)
- Location RESTON, VA
- Career Area Product Management
- Job Function Product Management - Technology
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1651339
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
About the team:
Walmart Global Technology (WGT) is responsible for driving the Technology vision for Walmart around the world. The WGT Strategy team codifies this vision among senior leaders and advances that around the company. As part of the WGT Strategy team, this role will drive analysis and assist implementation of strategic efforts by developing, communicating, and executing strategies focused on hardware and software portfolio optimization. The Senior Manager, reporting to the Director of Technology Strategy, will work on one or more projects at a time, typically partnering with various cross-functional teams and leadership.
Strategic Communications: The Senior Manager will play an integral role in helping the Global Tech leadership team develop and communicate strategic priorities for the company to executive leadership. He / she will assist on a broad range of projects that are both forward looking as well as answer key business model and internal technology execution questions for the organization.
Stakeholder Engagement: This role will require a high degree of collaboration with several cross-functional teams. The Senior Manager will work closely with leaders on technology, product and corporate teams. Candidate should be comfortable functioning in ambiguity and quickly raise insightful questions to drive alignment.
Technology Experience: This role requires a working knowledge of all key components of technology: Software development, Infrastructure, Cloud, Architecture, Information Security, and Technology Business Management.
Data Analysis / Continuous Improvement: Projects require the individual to be solutions oriented and able to quickly drive root cause analysis to deliver on qualitative and data driven recommendations within easily understandable frameworks. He/ She will connect dots to identify leverage points across tech and drive standardization through process creation / efficiencies.
You will sweep us off our feet if you are:
Capable of making sound business and execution recommendations to segment teams based on research-driven analytics, leveraging both internal and external data and research
Proven experience defining enterprise-wide solutions to support hardware and software optimization
Capable to partner with cross-functional teams to develop solutions, opportunities, and strategy recommendations
Able to build executive level (corporate officers) presentations to summarize results, influence decisions and make recommendations
Experienced in building and leading a FinOps models
Experienced with the underpinning financial implication of technology decisions and explaining the impact to P&L
Experienced in negotiating contracts with 3rd parties (preferably in the technology space)
Experienced in global Technology trends including but not limited to cloud, automation, CI/CD pipelines, SDLC, Agile, Big Data, AI/ML, Gen AI
Customer centric and focused on delivering seamless experiences
Have great attention to detail, exceptional follow through, and be administratively strong in process and project management
Able to use relevant metrics, technical experience, analyses, and reports to answer questions or propose changes
Focused on continuous improvement
A great team player and collaborator
Consultant / Associate at a top tier management consulting firm (experience in eCommerce or retail execution preferred) or relevant work experience
Demonstrated understanding of IT Stack and technology
Proven cloud experience
BS required; MBA preferred
Strong business acumen and demonstrated proficiency in general business disciplines
Strong analytical and deductive reasoning skills Proven delivery
Proven delivery of results across large multi-line of business organization(s)
Expert in Microsoft Excel and Power Point
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Proven ability to effectively build and manage relationships.
• Proven strength in both oral and written communication skills, including the ability to develop and deliver presentations to senior management and large groups in a professional, concise and direct manner.
• Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects with competing demands for resources.
• Creative problem solver that can identify sources of information from disparate sources and deliver comprehensive, balanced & actionable analysis
Ability to model Walmart's four core values:
1. Respect for the individual
2. Service to our customers
3. Strive for excellence
Ability to clearly state the vision and then successfully translate that vision into executable steps
The ability to anticipate business issues & influence managerial attention
• 1 year+ of post-MBA experience in a top tier management consulting firm or investment bank or ~7 years of relevant experience
• eCommerce, retail and technology experience preferred
• MBAAt Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more.You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see https://one.walmart.com/notices .Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart.Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at https://bit.ly/3iOOb1J .The annual salary range for this position is $126,000.00-$216,000.00Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives.Additional compensation for certain positions may also include:- Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location)- Stock equity incentives
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related area and 9 years’ experience in product management. Option 2: 11 years’ experience in product management or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or related area and 8 years’ experience as a product manager, ideally working on consumer-facing, large-scale, highly complex B2B/C products, Supervisory experienceMasters: Business Administration
Primary Location...10790 PARKRIDGE DR. SUITE 200, RESTON, VA 20191, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, D.C. Metro
National landmarks, museums, renowned restaurants—the D.C. Metro is a hub of activity and culture. It’s also a prime location for the future of tech.Discover D.C. Metro
The Lincoln Memorial
"In this temple, as in the hearts of the people for whom he saved the Union, the memory of Abraham Lincoln is enshrined forever."
The National Mall
A symbol of freedom and equality, millions visit the Mall annually to relax, enjoy its beauty, visit its museums and find voice.
Escape for a hike in the great outdoors at Great Falls, where the Potomac River spills over steep, jagged rocks through the picturesque Mather Gorge.
Air and Space
Companion to the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum on the Mall, the Udvar-Hazy Center displays thousands of aviation and space artifacts.
Wolf Trap National Park
This 117-acre park is a majestic natural setting for performances, dining and year-round recreational opportunities like hiking and sledding.
Fishing, boating, campgrounds, mini train, carousel, volleyball courts, golf course, disk golf, snack shop, picnic areas, playgrounds and mini-golf!
Reston Town Center
Shopping, dining, ice-skating and events in a beautiful setting in the heart of Reston.
The final resting place for more than 400,000 active duty service members, veterans and their families, honoring their service to our country.
City of Alexandria
Once among the 10 busiest ports in America, the city's historic character still remains; beautiful 18th- and 19th-century buildings line the Old Town.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth