Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
2024 Summer Intern: Walmart Connect, Omni Capabilities & Marketing Strategy, Walmart Intern
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area Business Operations
- Job Function Business Operations
- Employment Type Intern/Co-Op/Grad (Trainee)
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1651029
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Held over an 11-week period during the summer of 2024 for undergrad students graduating between December 2024 and August 2025. The paid internship will prepare associates for a career with Walmart Connect. Work on a meaningful project, network with industry experts, and develop your skills while having an epic summer!
About Walmart Connect (WMC)
Want to change the face of digital advertising? Want to re-imagine how the world's largest omni-channel consumer database can be used to power targeted ad campaigns for the largest brands in the world? We are rethinking digital advertising here at Walmart and are looking for some great people to help make this happen.
At Walmart Connect, we connect brands more meaningfully in customers’ everyday lives to accelerate shared growth. As stewards of our brand promise, “Save Money. Live Better,” we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us each week. This is a unique opportunity to join a high-visibility team with a big impact on our omni-channel business. We believe all digital advertising across search and display, both in-store and online, can be targeted, effective and accountable -- and we have Walmart's retail sales data to prove it.
Operations & Marketing Strategy Intern
With a WMC Marketing internship, you will help to drive efficiencies and clarity across the marketing org and, support the progress of key business operations initiatives, while gaining knowledge of the marketing and advertisement industries. And you’ll learn how to perform in a professional, data-driven, and fun environment.
The Intern will report to team members within Marketing Operations.
Omni Capabilities Intern
With a WMC Omni Capabilities internship, you will support the development of cross-category and seasonal integrated marketing programs, assisting to develop collateral for Sales to be tailored by SBUs to successfully pitch suppliers, and packaging campaign elements to take to market. You will develop marketing skills and learn how to perform in a data-driven and fun environment.
The Intern will report to team members within Omni Capabilities.
- Explore a variety of career opportunities within a fast-paced media company within the world’s largest retailer, including campaign development or operational management.
- Connect with cross-functional teams throughout the Walmart Marketing ecosystem to learn about their roles and incorporate feedback related to the internship project.
- Develop and validate recommendations based on learnings.
- Research and leverage data to formulate recommendations and provide basis for engagements within the organization.
- Generate key milestone and final PowerPoint presentations to peers, managers, and organization leadership outlining recommended outcomes.
- Participate in key company events, using the time to learn about functions and roles within and surrounding Walmart Connect!
- Have completed or working on the completion of a bachelor’s degree in related field (Business, Marketing, Media, Retail, Advertising, Analytics, Information Systems, or similar) is helpful but not required.
- Self-motivated, positive attitude and great work ethic
- Comfortable working within Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Power Point, etc.)
- Experience with marketing, social media, and project management tools a plus.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Collaboration with team members of all levels to assist with weekly tasks and requests.
- Coordinates activities and assignments by developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders; communicating goals and objectives; and demonstrating adaptability and promoting continuous learning.
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate, Bachelor’s degree program currently.
- Expected graduation date between December 2024 and August 2025
- 0-1 years of full-time relevant experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and SharePoint; Salesforce,
Corporate, in-person internship
We have opportunities available in the below locations for this role.
- Hoboken, NJ
IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS ROLE
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team’s strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Primary Location...221 RIVER ST, HOBOKEN, NJ 07030, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth