Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Dental Assistant - WM Health
- Location JACKSONVILLE, FL
- Career Area Walmart Health
- Job Function Clinic
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Hourly
- Requisition WD1650780
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
This position is responsible for assisting in the operation of a department. An individual in this position will be expected to perform additional job related responsibilities and duties throughout the facility as assigned and/or as necessary.
An individual must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Leads and participates in teams by using and sharing resources, information, and tools; determining customer needs and business priorities; coordinating and executing work assignments; providing advice, feedback, and support to ensure timelines and work quality are achieved; and modeling and helping others with how to adapt to change or new challenges.
- Assists dental providers in delivering care to patients; performing chair-side procedures according to applicable scope-of-practice laws and regulations (for example, restorative, crown and bridge, extractions, root canal therapy, and orthodontics); performing lab procedures (for example, taking impressions, creating and trimming models, in-office milling, temporary crown fabrication, denture and partial denture polishing), and taking diagnostic patient x-rays.
- Develops, communicates, and implements processes and practices to meet business needs by collaborating with managers, co-workers, customers, and other business partners; analyzing and applying information from multiple sources; monitoring progress and results; and identifying and addressing improvement opportunities.
- Prepares exam rooms by cleaning and preparing operatory per OSHA and CDC guidelines prior to patient appointments (for example, sterilizing instruments, ensuring necessary equipment is ready); assisting dentists during procedures by handing instruments and anticipating dentists' needs throughout the appointment.
- Demonstrates, promotes, and supports compliance with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity by explaining, guiding, and demonstrating how to apply these in executing business processes and practices; implementing related action plans; using the Open Door Policy; and assisting management with correcting ethical and compliance issues and problems.
- Updates and maintains patient dental records; handling general clinic administrative work ; maintaining operatories and the dental office.
An individual must be proficient in each of the competencies listed below to successfully perform the responsibilities of this position
- Live our Values:Culture Champion : Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
- Live our Values:Servant Leadership : Is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent. Embrace Change:Curiosity & Courage : Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; supports innovation and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
- Embrace Change:Digital Transformation & Change : Implements and supports continuous improvements and willingly embraces new digital tools and ways of working.
- Deliver for the Customer:Customer Focus : Delivers results while putting the customer first and applying an omnimerchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
- Deliver for the Customer:Strategic Thinking : Adopts a broad perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans.
- Focus on our Associates:Diversity, Equity & Inclusion : Embraces diversity in all its forms and actively supports diversity of ideas and perspectives, as well as diversity goal programs.
- Focus on our Associates:Collaboration & Influence : Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively to achieve objectives; communicates with impact to a range of audiences; and demonstrates energy and positivity for own work.
- Focus on our Associates:Talent Management : Contributes to an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, demonstrates engagement and commitment to the team, and recognizes others' contributions and accomplishments.
The following physical activities are necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
- Observes associate, customer, or supplier behavior.
- Presents information to small or large groups and individuals.
- Communicates effectively in person or by using telecommunications equipment.
- Visually verifies information, often in small print.
- Reads information, often in small print.
- Creates documents, reports, etc., using a writing instrument (such as a pencil or pen) or electronic device.
- Enters and locates information on electronic device.
- Completion of accredited training program or national DANB Certified Dental Assistant [CDA] 6 months of experience as a Dental Assistant.
- Clinical functions as defined by state licensure, national certification, or Walmart Health
- Ability to perform basic computer functions.
- Current American Heart Association or Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Current Expanded Function Certification. Knowledge of dental instruments and terminology.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Completion of accredited training program or national DANB Certified Dental Assistant [CDA]
6 months of experience as a Dental Assistant
Clinical functions as defined by state licensure, national certification, or Walmart Health.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Ability to perform basic computer functions, Current American Heart Association or Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) certification, Current Expanded Function Certification, Knowledge of dental instruments and terminology
Primary Location...12100 LEM TURNER RD, JACKSONVILLE, FL 32218-2304, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth