Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Developmental Technician, HVAC/R Facilities Maintenance
- Location ALGONQUIN, IL
- Career Area Installation, Maintenance and Utilities
- Job Function Installation, Maintenance, and Repair
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Hourly
- Requisition WD1650684
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Are you looking for an awesome career with a fun team? Walmart is expanding our General Maintenance Team for our retail stores. We are looking to grow our team and find top talent to join our fast-paced, friendly environment!
As a Developmental Tech HVAC in our local retail store, you will work to perform routine maintenance to ensure safety, proper functionality, and aesthetics of Walmart Stores, equipment, or fixtures under the supervision of the local General Maintenance Manager, following established maintenance schedules and guidelines, inspecting, cleaning, and repairing facilities, equipment, or fixtures
What are the essential functions of the Developmental Tech HVAC
- All primary responsibilities will be assisted or performed under the direct supervision of an experienced technician.
- Maintain and repair Walmart facilities, equipment, and assets by utilizing multiple craft skills (for example, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, material handling equipment, food equipment) and using hand tools, power tools, and other equipment to complete jobs
- Utilize the work order management system to receive reactive repair Work Orders to support Stores and Store associates and documenting repair activities.
- Provide prompt response to emergency maintenance calls
- Inspecting, operating, or testing facilities, equipment, or fixtures to diagnose issues
- Complete all required training requirements to safely operate equipment and tools
Benefits of the Developmental Tech HVAC position:
- Full Time + Bonus Eligible
- Eligible for bonus incentive
- 10% Walmart discount
- Paid Time Off that accrues.
- Full benefits available for Health / Vision / Dental / Life
- 401k with company match
- Eligible to participate in the Associate Stock Purchase Plan
- FREE College through Live Better University
Developmental Tech HVAC Position Requirements:
- 18 years or older
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Can lift up to 50 lbs. at a time
- Can move up and down ladders frequently.
- Comfortable working at heights frequently
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Able to work in various temperatures.
- Must maintain excellent driving record.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Type I and Type II Environmental Protection Agency certification for refrigerant handling.
HVAC/R Certificate of Completion through Live Better U and Penn Foster Career School.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Mechanical maintenance or construction-related field for commercial HVAC/R and building controls
Primary Location...1410 S RANDALL RD, ALGONQUIN, IL 60102-5919, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth