Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Manager II, Controllership (Walmart US – Health & Wellness)
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Accounting and Finance
- Job Function Accounting and Finance
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1649490
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Are you interested in being part of unique opportunity within Wal-Mart to work on a startup in the healthcare space while also serving the broader Health & Wellness (H&W) business?
Do you have experience in controllership roles supporting a H&W business, including health clinics and/or a Value-Based Care (VBC)? Have you provided controllership support for clinical and operational leaders? Have you provided controllership support to healthcare service providers?
The Senior Manager II of Controllership, WMT Health is a strategic controllership role supporting Walmart Health within Walmart’s healthcare business. This role is responsible for developing new financial processes and flows, financial accounting support, monthly close, reconciliations, internal controls, and consulting with business partners.
Position is located at headquarters in Bentonville, Arkansas. A comprehensive relocation package is provided.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
• You have proven experience in healthcare industry accounting, specifically healthcare services, and value-based care.
• You have knowledge of how high-level accounting impacts business decisions.
• You have subject matter knowledge in clinical operations, revenue cycle management, provider services, and value-based care accounting.
• You are comfortable talking to a wide variety of business partners.
• You have demonstrated proficiency working cross-functionally.
• You have demonstrated excellent ability to interface with and influence senior executives.
• You are an expert at making complex subjects easily understood.
• You’re stimulated by challenges and are ready to engage at Fortune 1 scale.
• You’re an initiative-taker that is comfortable supporting a new/startup area of a company.
You’ll make an impact by:
• Supporting monthly close/reconciliation process for Walmart Health business.
• Building and maintaining relationships with business and finance partners.
• Partnering with our shared services organization
• Ensuring new business accounting methodology is supported and applied consistently.
• Identifying opportunities to streamline and automate existing/new processes as well as partnering with our shared services providers.
• Providing accounting support for new business initiatives including system conversions/implementations, infrastructure build, etc.
• Ensuring internal controls are designed and operating effectively as our business/operational strategies evolve.
• Working on special projects in Walmart Health as well as within the broader H&W business.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics, and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent
Embrace Change - Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Drives continuous improvements, supervises the adoption of modern technology, and supports digital disruption in line with Walmart’s business model.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans and initiatives.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and implementing strategies.
Focus on our Associates - Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Supports strategies and drives initiatives that attract and retain diverse and inclusive talent; builds high-performing teams; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, builds the talent pipeline, fosters an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field and 4 years’ experience in finance, accounting, or related area OR 6 years’ experience in finance, accounting, or related area. 1 year’s supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Relational Database Management System (RDMS), Working on cross-functional teams or projectsMasters: Business AdministrationFinancial & Insurance - Certified Public Accountant - Certification
Primary Location...2608 Se J St, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth