Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Principal Technology Operations
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1649092
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
The International Tech Cost Optimization team cultivates and executes specific initiatives in partnership with Walmart Global Tech, Procurement, and Walmart International business leaders to fully realize tech leverage opportunities made possible through data visibility and capabilities made possible through our 3rd party software assets. We are proactively engaged in software renewal management feeding market demand signals to Global Tech product and procurement teams in advance to inform tech stack and sourcing strategy. The team works to ensure our decisions in the software tech space are truly global in perspective. The team and this role work across each international market to understand their tech capability needs and develop and execute initiatives that deliver on what is needed. You will have access to the best and latest tools, will work with teams who are challenged to grow beyond the traditional inventory of assets, constantly innovating to redefine the future of IT Asset Management and technology asset leverage on an unmatched scale.
You will work daily with our Global Procurement, Legal, IT Product Teams, Finance and International IT Teams with locations in the US, Canada, Mexico, Central America, Chile, China, Japan, India, and the UK. Innovating on the world’s largest stage, you will deliver customer-centric solutions for some of our most strategic initiatives. This is that place. This is Walmart.
Focusing on customer, associate and business needs, this team works with Walmart International, which includes more than 5,200 retail units, operating in 23 countries such as Canada, Central America, Chile, China, India, Mexico and South Africa to name a few.
What you'll do:
- Partnering with the IT Asset Management team to build a services-based software asset management (SAM) practice with a focus on enabling and protecting Walmart by leveraging IT Asset Management lifecycle data with a specific focus and representation on behalf of the International business.
- Gathering requirements and developing software / hardware asset reports for internal customers
- Helping to develop strategies to reduce cost and ensure team executes plans
- Working with Global Tech Procurement, vendors, business groups and technologists to address and resolve complex issues associated with software costs and usage.
- Driving strategy, presenting to executive level stakeholders and senior level management, developing and executing a plan of action for sensitive scenarios
- Optimizing the software portfolio using a combination of innovation and best practice software lifecycle methodologies.
- Developing and leading advanced strategies in conjunction with tech product owners and procurement professionals to cultivate and execute on leverage and cost optimization opportunities in the indirect spend management space.
- Developing innovative approaches to strategic sourcing while using analytics and processes to determine scenarios, benefits, risks and change management impact of each of those options
- Developing and manages strong relationships with business unit stakeholders as well as accesses market intelligence to enable fact-based prioritization of opportunities
- Developing and executes multi-market Sourcing Projects leveraging traditional 7-step sourcing methodology and inclusive of RFI, RFQ, RFP and various dynamic bidding negotiation strategies
- Developing and executes complex supplier negotiations strategies
- Assisting in managing supplier relationships and driving continuous improvement in areas of cost savings, quality, and risk management
What you'll bring:
- You are a servant leader that is customer-centric in spirit and in execution
- You have a proven track record of successfully building an IT Asset Management program and/or leading significant related initiatives
- You’re excited about solving complex challenges
- You’re comfortable influencing others, leading teams, managing stakeholders, getting buy-in from leadership, and communicating clearly
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, Communications, or related field
- 5+ years’ experience in procurement strategy, contract management, product management or related field
- 5+ years' experience building and leading high performing teams.
- 5+ years' experience leading cross-functional teams.
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world’s leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Flexible, hybrid work:
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily in office coupled with virtual when not onsite. Our campuses serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, industrial engineering, engineering management, business, information systems, project/program management, information technology, finance, management, or related area and 5 years’ experience in project management, program management, program operations, or related area.Option 2: 7 years’ experience in project management, program management, program operations, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in computer science, management information systems, industrial engineering, engineering management, business, information systems, project/program management, information technology, finance, management, or related area and 4 years' experience in project management, program management, program operations, or related area.
Primary Location...805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth