Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Software Engineer III
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1648781
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
- You are a problem solver with critical thinking.
- You are a team player, like to collaborate with cross-function teams and influence others.
- You have an enthusiasm in technology.
- You have high standards in quality and operation excellence.
- You are always looking for challenges and willing to learn.
Walmart’s Advertising Technology group enables the connection between supplier brands and retail shoppers at unprecedented scale. We are a highly motivated group of engineers and data scientists, working in an agile group to solve sophisticated and high impact problems. We serve billions of ads requests every month with our high-performance ad servers. There are millions of customers shop on Walmart websites and in stores daily, and advertising helps advertisers bring the best products to our customers. If you want to influence millions of customers on their shopping journeys, we have a role for you.
The AdTech M&R data team is responsible for delivering reporting and measurement for Advertisers to analyze and optimize campaigns. We are a team of data developers and machine learning developers whose strengths are: (1) building scalable data pipelines (2) using machine learning techniques and data science (3) making sense of broadly defined problems through data analysis.
- Build data systems that ingest, model, and analyze massive flow of data from online and offline user activities, processing hundreds of millions of sales and impressions data to obtain insights and analytics related to advertising campaign performance.
- Develop big data applications for precise audience targeting and cutting-edge measurement for campaign reporting, leveraging the wealth of data within the Walmart ecosystem.
- Set up ETL jobs in Jenkins or Airflow to move large volume of distributed data from various sources to secondary data centers for business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Troubleshoot business and production issues by gathering information (issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause), engage support teams to assist in resolution of issues, formulate an action plan, performing actions as designated in plan, interpret the results to determine further action, and complete online documentation.
- Develop complex software features to streamline and scale batch jobs to support advertising propensity models.
- Design, develop, and maintain software for the targeting and reporting data pipelines in Spark, Hadoop and Map-Reduce.
- Develop software using object-oriented languages such as Scala and Java. Implement advertising measurement systems that leverage machine learning and statistical techniques.
- Apply regression and classification machine learning methods in developing measurement products.
- Use Advanced big data scheduling techniques (Jenkins, Airflow) for reliable and recurrent data processing.
- Perform advanced data investigations using SQL and Spark or Hive.
- Design and develop systems and methods for ensuring quality for large data pipelines and guide the product through all stages of user acceptance process.
- Experience programming in an object-oriented language (Java or Scala).
- Experience using Hadoop and Map Reduce in batch jobs to process large scale data.
- Experience in creating and maintaining data processing workflows with tools including Airflow or Oozie.
- Experience using Spark, Hive, or SQL to perform advanced data investigation.
- Experience implementing statistical and machine learning methods for data classification and regression.
- Experience working in AdTech with demonstrated knowledge of the AdTech business.
- Experience developing techniques to ascertain correctness of data processing and transformation implementations using unit, integration, and end-to-end pipeline testing.
- Experience designing and developing software to perform ETL operations on large datasets.
- Experience with Machine learning.
- Experience building microservices.
- Publications in top-tier academic conference and journal is a plus.
- Experiences with ad-tech targeting, measurement, identity mapping related domain is a plus.
- Patents in data or machine learn related domains is a plus.
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert’s and service professionals within the world’s leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily in office coupled with virtual when not onsite. Our campuses serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems, software engineering, or related area and 2 years’ experience in software engineering or related area.Option 2: 4 years’ experience in software engineering or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Customer ServiceMasters: Computer Science
Primary Location...680 WEST CALIFORNIA AVENUE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-4834, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth