Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Market Health And Wellness Director - Walmart Market 359 (Columbia, MO)
- Location COLUMBIA, MO
- Career Area Business Operations
- Job Function Business Operations
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1647343
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Provides overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs; developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices; analyzing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; determining and supporting resource requirements; evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; promoting a customer environment; and demonstrating adaptability and sponsoring continuous learning. Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps; recruiting, selecting, and developing talent; supporting mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning; and leveraging the capabilities of new and existing talent. Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all programs and practices; developing consequences for violations or non-compliance; and supporting the Open Door Policy. Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals by sponsoring and leading key community outreach and involvement initiatives; engaging key stakeholders in the development, execution, and evaluation of appropriate business plans and initiatives; and supporting associate efforts in these areas.
- Ensures the best patient experience by fostering a trusted health care environment with professional, knowledgeable, and capable health care providers and associates; recruiting, attracting and hiring health care professionals; delivering a consistent standard of care; creating a trusted relationship with patients; and affording associates and managers time for continuing education.
- Develops and implements service standards for the market by aligning company goals with patient needs and expectations; ensuring patient complaints and issues are successfully resolved; and assisting with patient service as needed.
- Maintains and grows professional relationships with health care providers by creating the best place to practice; understanding the scope of the professions and changes in health care; dedicating time to meet and discuss the professional's business; and being responsive to the needs of health care professionals.
- Drives business and market growth in multiple facilities by assessing changing market needs and competitive market share; collaborating with market management team; developing action plans to achieve sales and marketing goals and initiatives; and ensuring the effectiveness of merchandising, inventory, signing, and pricing programs.
- Drives financial performance by ensuring that the market's budgeted sales and profit are achieved and budgeted wages and other expenses are not exceeded; directing managers in controlling expenses and wages; ensuring expenses are indexed to sales; developing, reviewing and monitoring plans to correct deficiencies in financial performance; and providing guidance and assistance to managers in analyzing economic trends and community needs to ensure the market budget meets future expectations.
- Ensures compliance with applicable state, federal, and local laws and company polices to ensure the safety and well being of patients by analyzing and interpreting reports; and safety controls; overseeing safety, operational, and quality assurance reviews; developing and implementing action plans to improve performance; providing training and guidance on the execution of company procedures and polices; and directing managers and associates regarding continued HIPAA compliance.
- Develops, maintains, and champions community outreach programs to promote the Company's image, gain business opportunities, and achieve strategic initiatives by supporting community-sponsored events, encouraging Associates to participate in and support community activities, and incorporating 'good neighbor' actions into business plans.
Must be Missouri Pharmacist Licensed Prior to Starting Position
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Drives continuous improvements, supervises the adoption of new technology, and supports digital disruption in line with Walmart’s business model.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans and initiatives.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and implementing strategies.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Supports strategies and drives initiatives that attract and retain diverse and inclusive talent; builds high-performing teams; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, builds the talent pipeline, fosters an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: BA/BS degree and 4 years experience supervising managers who exercise independent judgment and make employment decisions OR BA/BS degree and 2 years Health and Wellness management experience OR 7 years experience supervising managers who exercise independent judgment and make employment decisions OR 5 or more years of Health and Wellness management experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Facilities Planning, Facility Maintenance, Healthcare Retail, Managing Fuel or Convenience Store, Operations, Pharmacy, Retail OperationsMasters: Business Administration
Primary Location...3001 W BROADWAY, COLUMBIA, MO 65203-3106, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth