Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Area Manager, Fleet Safety
- Location COLDWATER, MI
- Career Area Distribution and Fulfillment Centers
- Job Function Distribution and Fulfillment Centers
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1644349
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
About Walmart Transportation
The Area Manager in Fleet Safety Transportation is a crucial role that leads and motivates our amazing group of drivers and associates, while assuring the daily operation is running within DOT/FMCSA compliance and guidelines provided by the company. Our ideal candidate will work hand and hand with our Fleet Safety Operations Manager, under their guidance they will ensure high levels of engagement between our Office, Drivers, Dispatchers, Distribution Center, and Stores. They will lead our business unit by focusing on our metrics and our company’s strong culture and values of Respect for the Individual, Service to the Customer, Strive for Excellence and Act with Integrity. We are creating an industry best End-to-End Supply Chain and saving customers money so they can live better!
This role currently reports directly to the Fleet Regional Safety Manager with guidance and direction for day-to-day tasks assigned by the Fleet Safety Operations manager in their individual office. You will play an important part in our success by leading, preventing and demonstrating safety protocols and guidelines at both the state and federal level in regard to our private fleet while allowing them to deliver essential goods to our customers.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure high levels of engagement between our drivers, office, dispatchers and customers.
- Identify issues with safety in both DOT/FMCSA and OSHA guidelines within your area to make sure they are met and followed.
- Be available 24/7 if needed
- Able to handle accident investigations and have knowledge of what is needed regarding said investigations.
- Able to handle multiple task at one time.
- Plan and Manage for Improvement
- Monitoring analytics for your office, using data to drive change.
What you’ll bring:
- Experience and knowledge of DOT/FMCSA regulations
- Team player, willing to work and help other associates reach their full potential
- Show leadership qualities within the scope of the role for all to see.
- OSHA and Industry Certifications in DOT/FMCSA management a plus.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Safety Management; Industrial Hygiene; Environmental Science, Traffic Safety; Transit Safety; Chemical/Industrial/Mechanical Engineering or related field.
Option 2: 2 years' experience in the field of Environmental, Health and Safety within Supply Chain, Retail, Manufacturing, Engineering, or related field.
2 years' experience in Continuous Improvement methodologies (for example Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), World Class Manufacturing (WCM) , Lean Six Sigma) within Supply Chain or manufacturing environments.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.1 or More Degreed Certifications (Associate Safety Professional; Certified Safety Professional; Certified Industrial Hygienist; Graduate Safety Practitioner) or Non-degreed certifications (Safety Management Specialist; Occupational Hygiene and Safety Technician; Safety Trained Supervisor; North American Transportation Management Institute Certified Director of Safety; North American Transportation Management Institute Certified safety Supervisor; Safety Management Specialist; Certified Safety Manager; Safety Director; Licensed Safety Professional; Certified Safety and Health Manager; Construction Health and Safety Technician), Microsoft Office Suite; SharePoint and OneDrive
Primary Location...500 JONESVILLE RD, COLDWATER, MI 49036-9648, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth