Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Kids + Baby Marketplace Lead, Senior Manager II, Marketplace
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area Business Operations
- Job Function Business Operations
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1642916
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Senior manager II, Marketplace - Kids + Baby
The Walmart Marketplace is a curated community of respected, professional sellers who offer only top-quality, authentic products and best-in-class customer service.
The Senior Manager II will be responsible for developing and executing the Marketplace growth strategy for the Kids + Baby category. You will set the overall business objectives and drive the day-to-day operations for the category to deliver the sales, profit and experience goals. You will prioritize and champion opportunities to expand selection, improve discoverability, influence pricing and inventory and drive adoption of seller growth programs. You will lead a high-performing team of account managers responsible for helping our most strategic sellers exceed their business plans. If you are customer-focused, strategic and eager to thrive in a high growth environment, this role is for you!
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
- You have a passion for Fashion, understand the uniqueness of Apparel and the importance of creating an inspiring Fashion Destination for our customers
- You are forward thinking about the Apparel category and curious about the customer and their experience
- You’re seller obsessed and relationship driven.
- You’re a visionary always looking for ways to distinguish from the competition.
- You thrive in constantly evolving, fast-paced, dynamic environments.
- You’re results-oriented with a proven track record of leadership and taking ownership to produce exceptional results.
- You build trust quickly and can lead by influence with the ability to translate between commercial and operational audiences.
- You believe in and prioritize the collective success of the team and are quick to jump in, help, mentor, and coach your fellow team members.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Managing financial performance: Drive performance against P&L levers including gross merchandise value (GMV) and contribution profit.
- Developing a category strategy: Define and execute a Marketplace category strategy including assortment strategy (in partnership with the Kids + Baby Merchants), new seller acquisition, pricing, inventory, site merchandising, services and more.
- Driving seller growth: Partner with strategic sellers to drive organic growth by expanding selection, improving offer quality, and managing in-stock. Serve as a primary account executive for a portfolio of partners and act as a trusted advisor, ensuring long-term, mutually beneficial relationships.
- Improving discoverability: Develop a category marketing plan - including events, site placements and promotions - that drives incremental traffic and GMV.
- Working cross-functionally: Collaborate with Merchants, Strategy, Operations, Site and Marketing to deliver best-in-class customer and seller experiences.
- Advocating for the platform: Champion and evangelize our platform, and its evolving capabilities, to our Marketplace sellers. Drive awareness and adoption of new seller services including Walmart Fulfillment Services (WFS) and Walmart Connect.
- Managing business performance: Lead annual and quarterly business planning and performance tracking for strategic sellers and partners.
- Leading and developing talent: Manage, coach and train a team of high-performing account managers that continuously meet or exceed their account goals and revenue targets.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or equivalent experience in business or related field
- 10+ years of successful retail or eCommerce experience
- Previous general manager/category management with P&L responsibility strongly preferred
- Ability to think strategically while delivering detailed execution
- Experience in leading commercial teams and managing change
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a cross-functional team to drive business positive outcomes
- Assertive, adaptable and demonstrates initiative in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more.You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see https://one.walmart.com/notices .Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart.Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at https://bit.ly/3iOOb1J .The annual salary range for this position is $119,000.00-$221,000.00Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives.Additional compensation for certain positions may also include:- Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location)- Stock equity incentives
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Business or a related field and 4 years’ experience in Business Management, Marketing, Omni-Channel
Merchandising, or a related area. Option 2: 6 years’ experience in Business Management, Marketing, Omni-Channel Merchandising, or a related
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Business Management, Marketing, Omni-Channel Merchandising, or a related area
Primary Location...221 RIVER ST, HOBOKEN, NJ 07030, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth