Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Manager I, Specialty Compliance And Ethics - Hazardous Waste Compliance
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Ethics and Compliance
- Job Function Ethics
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1640935
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Join the Environmental, Health and Safety Compliance Team in our pursuit to constantly improve our world class hazardous waste program. Reporting to the EHS Compliance Senior Director, the Senior Manager I, Hazardous Waste Compliance will support business strategies and engage in cross-functional efforts by identifying potential compliance risks and developing standards and controls to comply with hazardous waste regulations and drive efficient services through vendor management. The Senior Manager I, Hazardous Waste Compliance is a critical thought-leadership role providing strategic and compliance advice to business leadership and other stakeholders.
As a Senior Manager I, Hazardous Waste Compliance you will…
- Partner with team members on the design, process improvement and implementation of hazardous waste services
- Lead monitoring efforts with internal and external resources to assess the implementation of standards and controls within our operation and identify residual risks. Develop and implement controls to mitigate these residual risks
- Coordinate internal and external resources to ensure required regulatory reporting obligations are met
- Be a critical stakeholder and proactive participant in Walmart’s Environmental Sustainability programs as we drive to a more regenerative company
- Support new business development as we expand our footprint and business model
- Support proactive communication with federal and state government officials to resolve regulatory contacts in our facilities
- Investigate and support our operational team in stores and clubs to resolve regulatory contacts
- Leverage indicators and data integration to identify new hazards, assess compliance risks and implement corrective systemic solutions
- Lead and be proactively involved in cross-functional projects and interactions with other areas in the company
What you’ll do…
- Create innovative, best in class hazardous waste compliance programs for stores and clubs
- Create and optimize compliance strategies for Walmart
- Develop best practices and procedures that will mitigate risk
- Provide compliance support for Walmart and Sam's operations
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
What you’ll bring…
- Subject matter expert in hazardous waste or solid waste compliance with experience in retail and wholesale club operations
- Team player willing to engage with other experts, leading strategies and being a proactive participant in projects lead by others
- Driven to execute and to act quickly
- Experience interacting with regulators
- Process-minded and look for opportunities to streamline for improved efficiency and effectiveness
- Strong communication skills to interact with senior leadership and stakeholders
- Experience working in cross-functional teams within a corporate environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while being organized and disciplined
- Ability to translate sometimes complex regulatory requirements into something simple, easily understood and executed
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field and 3 years’ experience in compliance, ethics, legal, project management, or related area OR 5 years’ experience in compliance, ethics, legal, project management, or related area. 1 years' supervisory experience. 3 years’ experience using intermediate functionality of Microsoft Office.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Masters: Business AdministrationProject Management - Project Management Professional - Certification
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth