Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Staff Product Management, Personalization - Customer Understanding
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Product Management
- Job Function Product Management - Technology
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1640541
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Walmart's Product team places customers and associates are at the heart of everything we build. We're a curious bunch. We dream big, but we also hold ourselves accountable for reaching our goals. We get to apply our product management expertise on the world's biggest stage.
We are at the forefront of innovation. We partner with technologists and scientists who fall in love with the problems and collaborate across teams to create inclusive, award-winning products.
About The Team
As a part of Walmart's eCommerce Product team, you'll be the voice of our customer. Walmart was founded with the belief that the customer is #1. It's not just a belief, but our way of doing business. With the customer at the forefront, we can help deliver save both time and money for our customers no matter how they shop with us and reach them in new, exciting ways.
The eCommerce Product team builds products to enhance the experience for millions of customers who shop with us online or use the app to shop in our stores. You'll leverage the best and latest technologies to develop experiences that have changed the industry.
The Personalization team is responsible for winning our customers' loyalty by tailoring experiences to each customer's unique needs, preferences, and values. The team leverages sophisticated machine learning to understand our customers and guide them through their shopping journeys, recommending them the best products and services that fit their expectations and shopping behaviors. We shape experiences across eCommerce journey and beyond, meeting our customers with relevant recommendations anywhere on their journey with Walmart.
The role of Customer Understanding within Personalization is to know all aspects of our customers deeply and strategically apply this knowledge to build seamless shopping experiences that delight customers and result in sticky, one-to-one customer relationships. This role will work extensively with data science and engineering to build new predictive models to better understand customers, leverage emerging technology to drive hyper-personalized shopping experiences, and play an integral role in defining the Customer Understanding strategy that will enable a step change in personalization capabilities and outcomes.
You'll Make Impact By
- Defining product strategy for Customer Understanding domain and driving the roadmap
- Bringing a passion to product management at scale
- Problem solving in partnership with cross-functional stakeholders
- Defining and measuring key success metrics
We're looking for an experienced product manager who is...
- Customer Obsessed - you will always start with customer's needs first and obsess over every aspect of her experience. You will work to reduce customer effort and aim to delight her with what she needs next. Never fail a customer!
- Creative & Innovative - you are an innovative thinker and able to synthesize data from multiple sources to identify key unmet needs and solutions that can address the needs. You relish in solving problem in simplest possible way!
- Collaborative & Influential - you have the ability to work collaboratively with a large number of teams and influence efficiently. You build bridges!
- Curious & Data-driven - you are comfortable with big data technologies and ML tools. You consider yourself analytical and draw insights from new & varied information and inputs. You are always learning!
- Strategic - you are able to translate product strategy into detailed specifications, making functional and user interface design tradeoffs, managing product launches and owning the product successes post-launch. You solve for long term while delivering results now.
What You Should Be Excited About
- Solving complex challenges
- Customer-centric spirit
- Operating like a startup at scale! Our speed of execution is one of the best in the industry.
- Influencing others, leading teams, managing stakeholders, and communicating clearly
- Experimenting, testing and learning
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related area and 7 years’ experience in product management. Option 2: 9 years’ experience in product management or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or related area and 6 years’ experience as a product manager, ideally working on consumer-facing, large-scale, highly complex B2B/C products
Primary Location...640 W California Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94086-4828, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth