Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Analyst II, Systems Engineering
- Location COLORADO SPRINGS, CO
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1637203
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Responsible for managing and performing highly skilled technical operations, monitoring BMS systems, maintenance work, Utility Plants, air-conditioning systems and as well as supporting all Maintenance needs within a critical facility data center.
You’ll sweep us off our feet by…
- Managing third-party vendor teams, including electrical, mechanical vendor partners
- Making proactive decisions
- Troubleshooting and taking corrective action for major malfunctions and breakdowns of heating/refrigeration and air-conditioning systems, pumps, air heating/refrigeration and air-conditioning units, coils, fans, etc.
- Observing and adhering to all prescribed work and safety compliance rules and regulations
You’ll make an impact by…
- Inspecting and examining heating/refrigeration and air-conditioning, chillers, air compressors, heat exchangers, medium and low voltage switch gear, and all auxiliary equipment to locate defects in operations
- Managing chemicals for cooling towers, chillers, or other critical facilities systems
- Managing electrical voltage distribution and controls including UPS systems, PDU’s, generators, switchgear
- Monitoring and updating the Energy Management Controls System and BMS systems
- Managing or performing preventive maintenance, installs, inspects, troubleshoots, adjusts, repairs, and replacement of rotating equipment (pumps, motors, associated parts and systems)
- Managing or performing inspections and tests on refrigeration systems, safety devices, and controls for efficiency of operation and compliance with safety practices, laws and regulations
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position.
MUST have extensive experience (5+ years) in one of the three trade categories below, or a combination of the three categories, as well as an understanding of how these three systems work together:
- Medium electrical voltage distribution and controls including emergency power
- Mechanical systems
- Building management and automation controls
- Knowledge of and ability to supervise work on utility plant mechanical and electrical systems and components
Participates in agile teams supporting systems engineering projects by collaborates with the project team to build systems engineering solutions; translates requirements into potential solutions based on existing options; develops solutions to meet business needs; collaborates with the project team to build systems engineering solutions; and ensures solutions align with the overall project design.
Troubleshoots issues related to systems engineering solutions by serves as software operational support; researches and reviews reported issues; evaluates the impact to the business and executes tasks as designated in the action plan; performs root cause analysis to reduce future issues; and engages support teams when needed.
Supports the daily operations for existing systems engineering solutions by performs maintenance and monitors the health and performance of systems engineering solutions; participates in the development and delivery of operational features and operations management systems and processes to accommodate growth and traffic on eCommerce websites; participates in systems testing; reviews logs in order to identify and document issues; executes daily requirements in order to ensure reliable and continued service; documents systems engineering processes and designs.
Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world’s leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Flexible, hybrid work:
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily in office coupled with virtual when not onsite. Our campuses serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, information systems, information technology, or related area.
Option 2: 3 years’ experience in technology infrastructure engineering across areas such as compute, storage, network, mobility or virtualization relatedtechnologies.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Primary Location...10625 FEDERAL DRIVE, COLORADO SPRINGS, CO 80908-0000, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth