Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Manager I, Learning and Development - Global Selection and Assessment
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Human Resources
- Job Function Human Resources
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1636847
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
About Walmart Global People
Leaders and individual contributors alike look to our Global People teams to influence strategy, optimize working models, and enable the business to achieve results while preserving the fabric that sets us apart and keeps our 1.3M+ associates coming to work every day. By providing the necessary tools and insights, our People professionals operate as partners at every phase of workforce planning, talent management, organizational design, and change management. From building communities to preparing Walmart for the future, to be a member of this team is to operate as a vital component to our sustainable success. Together, we think beyond the status-quo and inspire others to evoke positive change. When you join us in Global People, you immerse yourself in our culture, becoming a trailblazer and a true agent of influence.
The Senior Manager of Global Selection and Assessment will be responsible for creating and implementing innovative selection and assessment strategies to identify top talent for our organization.
You’ll make an impact by…
- Managing a comprehensive pre-employment selection and assessment process to identify top talent and ensure a strong fit with our organization's culture and values.
- Collaborating with people partners and operations to define job requirements, competencies, and selection criteria for roles across our enterprise.
- Designing, implementing, and validating a variety of selection tools, including but not limited to pre-employment assessment batteries, structured interviews, and business cases.
- Managing relationships with external vendors and consultants as needed to support the selection process.
- Utilizing advanced analytics to analyze assessment data and provide actionable insights for improving the selection process.
- Demonstrating business impact, continuously monitoring the effectiveness of selection tools and processes.
- Providing training and guidance to HR and hiring managers on the implementation of selection tools and best practices in talent acquisition.
- Making data-driven recommendations for improvements.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant laws and regulations related to selection and assessment.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if you have…
- Master’s or Ph.D. in industrial/organizational psychology or a related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in a selection or related role.
- Experience using statistical programming languages such as Python, R, or SPSS.
- Experience delivering presentations and influencing organizational leadership.
Fifty years ago, Sam Walton started a single mom-and-pop shop and transformed it into the world’s biggest retailer. Since those founding days, one thing has remained consistent: our commitment to helping our customers save money so they can live better. Today, we’re reinventing the shopping experience, and our associates are at the heart of it. You’ll play a crucial role in shaping the future of retail, improving millions of lives around the world. This is that place where your passions meet purpose. Join our family and create a career you’re proud of.
About Northwest Arkansas
Walmart’s global headquarters are in Northwest Arkansas, ranked consistently in the top 5 best places to live in the country with the fastest growing economy through 2021! The area has transformed from a small town to a center of higher education, culture, commerce, and entrepreneurialism. Nestled in the Ozark Mountains, NW Arkansas attracts outdoorsy types with its abundance of state parks, acres of community green space, playgrounds, parks, and walking trails. The metro area also boasts a first-class performing arts center, an active local food movement, live music venues and a dynamic festival scene. Join a fast-growing and evolving environment of arts and culture!
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, Communications, Education, or related field and 3 years’ experience in adult learning, training
content development, or related area OR 5 years’ experience in adult learning, training content development, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Instructional Design Software, Leading a cross-functional team, Project ManagementMasters: Human Resources, Masters: Learning and DevelopmentProject Management - Project Management Professional - Certification, Six Sigma - Certification
Primary Location...2403 Se J St, Bentonville, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"Walmart supports their associates. They really are like your second family away from home."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth