Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Senior Quality Engineer (US)
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1633114
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
As a Senior Quality Engineer, we need your expertise to make an impact on high visibility initiatives that are delivering new capabilities for Walmart’s Health division. In this role, you will automate integration, end-to-end, and performance tests using suitable test frameworks to test APIs and business use cases. You will liaise within cross-functional partnerships across Business, Product, and Engineering and channel their collective creativity and execution to delivering experiences that bring delight to our customers.
The right fit is someone proficient in their software engineering, communication, and leadership skills, passionate for collaborating with development teams, familiar with Agile software methodologies and willing to jump in and make an immediate impact.
Our team creates reusable technologies to help with customer acquisition, onboarding, and empowering merchants, while ensuring a seamless experience for both of these stakeholders. We also optimize tariffs and assortment in accordance with Walmart's Everyday Low Cost philosophy. We not only create affordability, but we also deliver customized experiences for customers across all channels - in-store, mobile app, and websites.
What you'll do:
- Complete understanding of business logics behind every API endpoint.
- Set up and maintain test frameworks to automate integration, end to end, and performance tests for every API endpoint and business use cases.
- Create, trigger, monitor and control the execution of automated test suites, identifying issues and potential gaps.
- Proactively track both functional testing and regression testing status for each sprint release.
- Assist the developers to analyze the root cause and the impact of software defect, provide suggestions for quality improvements.
- Report, track and help determine priorities for enhancements and defects utilizing tools like JIRA.
- Work in partnership with Scrum team members, including engineering and product management, to deliver business functionality on-time, with required quality, and that meets the acceptance criteria
- Write test cases and scenarios from the requirements/designs; manage bug tracking.
- Support QE governance of test processes, data, and execution metrics to help drive improve the performance of team.
- Perform risk analysis for features/projects in your ownership, provide mitigation and escalate appropriately.
- Collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders to analyze, debug and resolve any issues.
- Be a key contributor to the continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines. Perform code reviews for your teammates. Help develop and build the test infrastructure with the DevOps team
- Work with our Product Management Team to define good acceptance criteria for our stories
- Perform manual exploratory testing and troubleshooting to help identify difficult to find bugs and UX issues
What you'll bring:
- Proactive with positive attitude
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or IT
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in Software Development, Automation Testing and Software Deployment.
- Strong understanding of quality, testing principles and writing effective test cases.
- Strong understanding of automation tools and frameworks, with hands on ability to implement and maintain automation regression.
- Proven ability to mentor team members, manage and interact effectively with internal stakeholders
- Good understanding of black / white / grey / glass box test methodologies
- Experienced in CI/CD implementation and integrating automation suite to pipeline
- Experience using any of the automation toolset like Appium, TestNG, Selenium, Postman, JMeter, Rest Assured, Gatling etc. and CI/CD tools like docker, Jenkins, etc. or equivalent tools.
- Experience programming using Java
- Experience with Agile methodologies specifically Scrum/Scaled Agile Framework.
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world’s leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Flexible, hybrid work:
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily in office coupled with virtual when not onsite. Our campuses serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems, software engineering, or related area and 3 years’ experience in software quality assurance, manual/automated testing, or related area.
Option 2: 5 years' experience in software engineering quality assurance, manual/automated testing, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Industry experience (for example, retail, supply chain, eCommerce, healthcare), Master's degree in Software Engineering Quality Assurance, Manual/Automated Testing, or related area and 1 year’s experience in Software Quality Assurance, Manual/Automated Testing, or related area, Quality assurance certification (for example, CSTE - Certified Test Engineer, CSQA - Certified Software Quality Analyst), Software Engineering Quality Assurance, Manual/Automated Testing, or related area.
Primary Location...121 River St, Hoboken, NJ 07030-5989, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth