Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Client Solutions, Deals & Seasonals Director, Marketing Planning and Strategy, eComm – Walmart Connect
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area Marketing and Customer Insights
- Job Function Marketing
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1630591
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Please Note: The team comes into the office 3 days a week; this is not a remote position. We are only considering local candidates in the Hoboken/New York area who can work onsite at this time. If you are not local and apply for this role, please specify "open to relocation" on your resume, if that is applicable, for consideration.
WALMART CONNECT (WMC) AT WALMART
Walmart Connect is Walmart’s media and advertising platform, uniquely designed to help brands reach hundreds of millions of shoppers across their entire shopping journey, online and in stores.
At Walmart, we enable the connection between supplier brands and retail shoppers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, “Save Money. Live Better,” we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us.
We believe all digital advertising can be targeted and accountable—and we have Walmart’s sales data to prove it. Walmart Connect wins when suppliers invest in digital media to drive growth; Walmart and our supplier partners win when your digital expertise helps sell more goods online and offline. Growth in our digital advertising business is key to Walmart’s overall growth strategy.
This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team within the largest company in the world.
Client Solutions is WMC’s integrated marketing center of excellence for centralized, end-to-end insights-led marketing strategy, strategic omnichannel planning and activation of custom category, cross-category, tentpole and custom advertiser solutions across Walmart’s touchpoints—at an unparalleled scale.
We partner with suppliers to co-create industry-first programs and breakthrough experiences that connect brands with Walmart customers, aligning goals with Walmart Merchandising and Marketing and Site priorities to jointly drive commercial success.
In this role, you will pilot and launch key strategic initiatives, and lead WMC’s efforts to support and create solutions for advertisers related to enterprise deals and events—as a key workstream. You will also drive the recognition of opportunities to create, pitch and activate integrated cross-category and seasonal marketing programs, packaged to include core WMC digital and in-store media as well as integrations into enterprise campaigns, leveraging innovative capabilities.
To accomplish this, you will lead WMC’s efforts related to seasonals and deals and promotions, as well as key initiatives between Site and WMC Marketing.
This leadership position reports to the Sr. Director of Client Solutions & Omni Capabilities. It’s an incredible opportunity to build a new core pillar during an exciting time for WMC and retail media.
We are looking for an exceptionally strong, strategic, and effective leader who is influential, highly energized, and capable of driving internal cross-functional partnerships and workstreams within WMC and Walmart—delivering business results. The ideal candidate is strategic and outcomes-oriented, highly competent operating in matrixed organizations, values storytelling and getting things done.
- Lead WMC’s workstream to drive recognition of ad monetization models related to Walmart deals and events. Plan and oversee execution to ensure seamless activation.
- Proactively and effectively drive cross-functional collaboration, projects and outcomes with Creative, Marketing, Product, Yield and Sales, delivering measurable results relative to business KPIs.
- Partner with key Brand and Communications functions on demand generation relative to core WMC ad products.
- Ensure the development and successful rollout of related sales packages.
- Represent WMC in enterprise quarterly strategic planning sessions to educate on joint value propositions to create win-win opportunities for Walmart and WMC customers.
- Recognize strategic and opportunistic connections relative to WMC’s seasonal and category programs to strengthen the value proposition.
- Create tentpole and insights-driven cross-category opportunities for integrated marketing solutions, developing new and innovative media + marketing packages to effectively pitch solutions to advertisers.
- Lead the development of omnichannel marketing pre-sales packages for cross-category initiatives, from core WMC digital and in-store media to new test-and-learn capabilities.
- Lead brainstorms and ideation.
- Leverage insights to strategically plan and recognize whitespace for new program opportunities, creating strong pre-sales collateral supported by customer-first narratives.
- Develop and grow strong and productive relationships with key enterprise stakeholders as well as key intra-WMC partners across key functions.
- Deliver strong customer-first narratives and storytelling.
- Based on Client Solutions goals, set KPIs and roadmaps, ensuring smooth delivery and timely completion—for the team and internal stakeholders.
- Seek stakeholder feedback to measure performance and quantify impact/results, strengthen output, and optimize ways of working.
- Relevant bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience, and 6 years of experience developing talent by managing, coaching, and motivating direct reports.
- A proven record leading strategy, integrated marketing, promotional efforts and teams on the media or marketing arm of an omnichannel or e-commerce retailer, the commerce side of a media company or agency.
- Experience building and leading high-performing teams to effectively operate and thrive in fast-paced environments.
- Experience and influence driving cross-functional partnerships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- MBA or advanced-level academic degree strongly preferred.
- Walmart enterprise experience. Internal candidates strongly preferred.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field and 4 years' experience in marketing or related field OR 7 years'
experience in marketing or related field.
1 year's supervisory experience or experience leading cross-functional projects.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Leading cross-functional projects, Marketing, Supervisory experienceMasters: Business Administration
Primary Location...221 RIVER ST, HOBOKEN, NJ 07030, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth