Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Distinguished Data Architect
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1629968
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Walmart aims to revolutionize Health & Wellness, with the goal of making it easier for our customers to live better and healthier lives. Our engineers combine creativity, curiosity, and drive to continuously perfect and revolutionize Walmart Health & Wellness from the inside out.
Are you passionate about pioneering cutting-edge technology that can revolutionize the world of healthcare experiences? Do you dream of playing a technical role that will shape the future of Health & Wellness? If you possess exceptional technical expertise, you may be interested in this opportunity.
Join our dynamic and forward-thinking Health & Wellness Technology engineering organization as our Senior Distinguished Technical Architect, where you’ll be at the forefront of driving innovation, spearheading transformative projects and foundational improvements. We are seeking a sharp technical leader who can seamlessly bridge the gap between business requests and architecting the technical landscape to deliver. Your projects will have tremendous impact, be scalable, and at the center of platform modernization efforts in Walmart’s Health & Wellness organization.
We are a technology-first team and prides itself on its culture of learning and knowledge sharing. We are looking to bring more intellectually curious engineers who are passionate about technology in general and using it to bring Retail and Health & Wellness together!
What you'll do:
As the Architect, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the technical direction of our products and systems. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, mentor and guide engineering professionals, and drive innovation to deliver high-quality, scalable, and robust software solutions.
- Architectural Leadership: Lead the creation and maintenance of our technical architecture, aligning it with business goals and scalability requirements.
- System Design and Scalability: Architect complex software systems, ensuring performance, security, and scalability needs are met.
- Technical Guidance and Mentoring: Provide hands-on technical guidance and mentorship to software engineers, fostering a culture of learning and innovation.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including Product Management, UX/UI, Quality Assurance, and DevOps.
- Code Review and Standards: Establish and enforce coding standards, design patterns, and development best practices through thorough code reviews.
- Innovation and Research: Stay at the forefront of technological advancements, conducting research to identify emerging tools and methodologies.
- Project Management and Delivery: Collaborate with project managers to define project scopes, milestones, and deliverables, ensuring alignment with architectural goals.
- Collaborative Communication: Communicate complex technical concepts effectively to both technical and non-technical stakeholders, promoting a culture of open communication and collaboration.
What you'll bring:
- Extensive experience in the design, development, and delivery of software products with a large user base.
- Strong track record in an architect role with large-scale software development data backed services and applications.
- A clear vision for architecture design and great communication skills to articulate that to all levels of stakeholders.
- Excellent decision-making skills with the ability to balance conflicting interests in a complex and fast-paced environment.
- Thorough understanding of distributed technologies, public cloud technologies, scalable platforms, ML- platforms, NLU, Generative AI and Operational Excellence.
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams.
- Business acumen; combining technical vision with business insights.
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world’s leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Flexible, hybrid work:
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily in office coupled with virtual when not onsite. Our campuses serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 6 years' experience in data engineering, solution architecture, business
intelligence, business analytics or related field. Option 2: 8 years' experience in data engineering, solution architecture, business intelligence,
business analytics or related field. Option 3: Master's degree in Computer Science and 4 years' experience in data engineering, solution
architecture, business intelligence, business analytics or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Data architecture/software architecture/data modeling, Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 6 years' experience in software engineering, Relevant industry experience (for example, retail, supply chain, eCommerce, healthcare, etc.), Solution Architecture
Primary Location...860 W CALIFORNIA AVENUE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-0000, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Filoli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth