Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Software Engineer
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Software Development and Engineering
- Job Function Software Development and Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1616351
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
As a Software Engineer, you will create/ develop and own the monitoring framework which interfaces with various applications. You will work closely with developers in various product teams in supporting new applications features, services launch and manage application using automated deployment tools. You will monitor, support and deploy our multi-tenant solutions.
- Quickly learn capabilities of every part of the predictive analytics platform including the Data, Caching and Messaging tiers, Application and systems infrastructure and services, and deployment architecture.
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations.
- Develop efficient code to automate repetitive/manual tasks.
- Continuously research existing systems to find more efficient/ automated ways of preventing, minimizing or resolving issues.
- Improve our systems and applications with monitoring, analytics and ad hoc reporting.
- Work with business partners to provide them the accurate analytics empowering them to take the correct business decisions.
- Identify and troubleshoot issues, taking proactive steps to prevent and necessary steps to resolve.
- Escalate issues and work with other cross-functional engineering team members and see them through to resolution.
- Resolve day-to-day issues and relay updates to the team.
- Attitude to thrive in a fun, fast-paced start-up like environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline.
- 6 + years of relevant experience
- Programming expertise on Java 8, Shell Scripting, Mobile SDK(+)
- SQL and noSQL Databases such as MongoDB, MS SQL, Cassandra, Cosmos DB, AZURE SQL, Elastic
Experience working on:
- Data, Caching and Messaging tiers like Kafka, Megacache, couchbase etc
- Monitoring & Alerting tools such as Splunk, Medusa, Kibana
- Running infrastructure with public or private cloud environments and platforms like Azure, Kubernetes, Dockers etc
- Retail Industry experience
- e-Commerce experience
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service, or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We’ll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems, software engineering, or related area and 3 years’ experience in software engineering or related area.Option 2: 5 years’ experience in software engineering or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field
Primary Location...805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth