Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
2024 Summer Intern: Walmart Finance MBA Leadership Development Program,MBA Intern
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Business Operations
- Job Function Business Operations
- Employment Type Intern/Co-Op/Grad (Trainee)
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1614069
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Walmart Finance MBA Leadership Development Program – Internship
The Walmart Finance MBA Leadership Development Program (FLDP) Internship is a highly selective opportunity to work on challenging and impactful projects to drive Walmart’s global business forward. This is a chance to be part of the largest retail transformation in history. As Walmart continues to adapt alongside shifting customer preferences, we need a robust pipeline of talented leaders with the strategic, analytical, and change management skills to deliver on our mission: to help people save money so they can live better. The Walmart Finance MBA Leadership Development Program is an important way Walmart builds that pipeline. Successful completion of the internship program provides a direct opportunity to secure placement in the full-time program.
What you can expect from the internship program:
- Placement on one of our Finance & Strategy teams throughout the company, including Corporate, Walmart US, Walmart International, and Sam’s Club. All internship placements will be based in Bentonville.
- Opportunity to lead a project throughout the 10-week summer assignment. We work hard to identify meaningful, well-scoped projects with great leaders to help you deliver value and own a process end-to-end during the summer. Past internship projects examples include Walmart Connect, digital food strategy, omni-channel pharmacy strategy, and supply chain innovation / automation.
- Conduct data analysis, build robust financial models, and drive strategic insight.
- Gain exposure to senior leaders through executive roundtables, CFO speaker series, mentorship, and end of summer project presentations.
- Develop a strong peer networking with your FLDP intern cohort and program alumni through a variety of evening and weekend social activities that will allow you to explore all that Northwest Arkansas has to offer.
- Engage in cohort-wide developmental opportunities to sharpen skills, build core competencies, and expand your holistic knowledge of the Walmart business.
Full-Time Program Overview:
The Walmart Finance MBA Leadership Development Program (FLDP) is a rotational program designed to accelerate the careers of participants as they grow into future leaders in Walmart Finance. Participants exit the program in 24 months with the ability to influence what team they join next. High performing participants will have the opportunity to be considered for a Director promotion upon successful completion of the program. We are seeking MBAs with a track record of high performance, diverse skills, and professional experience in finance, quantitative, or strategic roles.
What you can expect from the full-time program:
- Three eight-month rotations spanning multiple operating segments (Walmart U.S., Sam’s Club, International, and Corporate). These include teams such as: Omnichannel Strategic Finance; Corporate Development/M&A; Merchandise Finance; International FP&A; Financial Services; Health & Wellness; Digital Transformation; and Corporate Strategy. Each role is a mix of data analysis, financial modeling, strategic decision support, and initiative implementation. Examples include:
- Store Automation: build dynamic financial models to measure and influence capital allocation for multiple robotics initiatives and recommend optimal rollout sequence.
- Merchandise Optimization: Analyze merchandise categories to optimize inventory configuration and identify where Walmart should grow, contract, or shift online.
- Omni-Channel Planning: Work across Operations teams to create, communicate, and incentivize annual profit and loss targets at the intersection of eCommerce and stores.
- 4 weeks of dedicated training designed to elevate proficiency across a range of leadership, technical, and soft skills.
- Frequent access to senior leadership, executive roundtables, and FLDP-only experiences at our Stores, Clubs and Supply Chain.
- Collaborative environment anchored by the FLDP cohort and strong alumni network.
- Formal peer and senior leader mentorship.
- Exposure to individual and group coaching sessions.
- Capstone experiential learning project sponsored by officer-level leadership.
- Individualized development planning support, participation in assessments, and coaching debrief sessions.
- Currently enrolled in an MBA program with a concentration in Finance or related field at the time of application with a graduation date prior to July 2025.
- 4+ years of industry or military work experience required.
- Professional experience in Finance, Strategy, Accounting, or related field preferred.
- 1 year of experience managing people or cross functional teams preferred.
- 2 year of experience working in a large, complex, matrixed organization preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, experience presenting to leadership
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, comfort with large datasets, proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Authorization to work in US without restrictions
You will fit in great if you…
- Can excel at both high-level strategic thinking and detailed execution
- Use data as the background for solving complex problems
- Are successful at influencing others, leading teams, and working in a collaborative cross-functional, matrixed environment
- Have proven ability to manage multiple, contending priorities simultaneously
- Have the ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment, and when given a deadline you know how to motivate yourself, your managers, and associates to meet it
- Don’t hesitate in public speaking or writing a paper and you have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Enjoy working with numbers and using data to provide thought-provoking and workable solutions
- Have a track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Like adventures and taking risks
- See value in long-term thinking and large-scale impact to a company
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth