Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Senior Manager II, Business Development (Account Management)
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Business Operations
- Job Function Business Operations
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1604090
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Walmart Data Ventures is focused on productizing Walmart’s rich data assets to better serve customers and provide data products that deliver actionable, customer-centric insights to help merchants and brands make better business decisions.
We are looking for a talented Sr. Manager II to help drive business growth by developing and maintaining multiple internal and external business relationships with supplier subscribers of our products as well as Walmart merchants and cross functional teams.
The ideal candidate will be someone that can understand and manage mutual value propositions, risks, and benefits, while supporting engagement and dialogue with stakeholders to mitigate risks, resolve issues, and realize value proposition and subsequent business objectives with all our products. This individual must have the ability to get things done through influencing and persuading people across a wide range of teams within Walmart and with external counterparties.
We are looking for someone with a passion for leveraging data to identify insights that can positively impact Walmart customer experience, supplier / brand performance to drive customer and category growth through tactics and strategies across omni channels.
You’ll be successful in this leadership role if:
- Have a track record of managing supplier and retailer relationships to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes through data / insights services, SaaS, or other B2B engagements.
- You approach all responsibilities required to develop and maintain a B2B partnership including managing project within Walmart’s organization (Product, Merchandising, Operations Insights, legal, corporate communications, WMC etc.)
- You drive the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs
- You are customer focused with an ability to understand, communicate and manage mutual value propositions, risks, and benefits
- You are comfortable being a client ambassador internally and a Walmart ambassador to partners / clients to strike compromises and unblock forward progress.
- You are a strategic thinker, can look at the long term and are comfortable making tough decisions.
- You have a track record of coming up with inventive solutions for our biggest problems and opportunities.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Identifying, nurturing, closing and renewing key partnership or client opportunities in a B2B setting.
- Owning full lifecycle of supplier partner engagement, deal-making, and implementation
- Concurrently managing multiple relationships and deals expeditiously and efficiently
- Orchestrates collaborative workplans with 3rd party consultants, merchants, operations and suppliers to recognize supplier AND Walmart value and ROI from investment with products
- Capturing and packaging success stories, case studies and other examples of utilization and implementation of insights derived from products
- Providing VOC to product team with a supplier and merchant mindset
- Building and managing cross-functional relationships with key partners within Walmart that power the business forward.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or related field and 2-5 years’ experience in business development, account management, market development or related area OR 2+ years in merchandising organization at Walmart with demonstratable experience in working with data and insights between suppliers and retailers
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (word, PowerPoint, excel, Access etc.)
- 5-7 years’ experience working for 3rd party data / insights supplier (Nielsen, IRI, Kantar, 84.51, dunnhumby etc.)
- Experience working as a merchant in analytics, insight or operations with Walmart or other national retailers
- Experience working with salesforce
About Data Ventures:
Data Ventures exists to unlock the full value of Walmart’s data by developing and productizing B2B data initiatives that empower merchants and suppliers to make better, faster decisions for the business. As part of this transformation, we’re seeking entrepreneurial individuals to help drive data productization from concept to deployment.
#dataventuresAt Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more.You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see https://one.walmart.com/notices .Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart.Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at https://bit.ly/3iOOb1J .The annual salary range for this position is $89,500.00-$192,500.00Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives.Additional compensation for certain positions may also include:- Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location)- Stock equity incentives
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Marketing, or related field and 4 years’ experience in business development, market development, product development, or related area OR 6 years’ experience in business development, market development, product development, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Sales, Supervising Associates, Working on cross-functional teams or projectsMasters: Business Administration
Primary Location...702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth