Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Dental Assistant - WM Health
- Location GLADSTONE, MO
- Career Area Walmart Health
- Job Function Clinical Operations and Services
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Hourly
- Requisition WD1597342
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Dental Assistant – Walmart Health
Walmart Health strives to be a center of wellbeing in the communities we serve, and we have a unique opportunity to provide access to affordable healthcare to millions of people. We need passionate healthcare professionals to help us achieve our mission.
You'll make an impact as you:
- Assist dental providers in delivering care to patients by performing chair-side procedures according to applicable scope-of-practice laws and regulations (restorative, crown and bridge, extractions, root canal therapy, and orthodontics), performing lab procedures (taking impressions, creating and trimming models, in-office milling, temporary crown fabrication, denture and partial denture polishing), and taking diagnostic patient x-rays.
- Prepare exam rooms by cleaning and preparing operatory per OSHA and CDC guidelines
- Update and maintain patient dental records
- Lead and participate in teams by using and sharing resources, information, and tools, and determining customer needs and business priorities
- Develop, communicate, and implement processes and practices to meet business needs by collaborating with managers
- Demonstrate, promote, and support compliance with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity
About Walmart Health
Walmart Health is committed to making health care more affordable and accessible for customers in the communities we serve. Walmart Health was launched to provide affordable, transparent pricing for key health center services for local patients, regardless of insurance status.
The patient is at the heart of all we do. Walmart Health employs on-the-ground health providers to be a first-of-its-kind health center to deliver primary and urgent care, labs, x-ray and diagnostics, counseling, and dental services all in one facility.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Completion of accredited training program or national DANB Certified Dental Assistant [CDA]
6 months of experience as a Dental Assistant
Clinical functions as defined by state licensure, national certification, or Walmart Health.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Ability to perform basic computer functions, Current American Heart Association or Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) certification, Current Expanded Function Certification, Knowledge of dental instruments and terminology
Primary Location...7207 N M1 HWY, GLADSTONE, MO 64119-5351, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth