Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
(USA) Manager I, Network Engineer-1
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Information Technology
- Job Function Network Engineering
- Employment Type Regular/Permanent
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition WD1592162
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
The Walmart Network Operations Center (NOC) is a centralized collection of teams (Bentonville, AR) focused on specific business segments such as Enterprise Wireless, Enterprise Networks (Datacenter and Global WAN), and Store Wired Networks. The NOC serves as the first line of defense in our network to detect and address network events as they happen across the Walmart Enterprise.
About the Team:
The NOC monitors network performance. Network issues are brought up through alerting and dashboards. NOC engineers are normally engaged as L2 or L3 engineers to assist in telemetry for other issues whether that is client, server, or application. Monitor and address auto-generated alerts (tickets or email notification), dashboards, application tickets from the edge sites, Emergency Operations Center for weather/disaster issues, or in some cases, calls to the Contact Center.
Schedule: Day time Monday through Friday. Weekend on call rotation.
What you’ll do …
- Proactive Monitoring
- Operational engineering
- Support investigations for other product / service owners in Global Tech
- Develop necessary automation to support operational management of the Network Infrastructure
- Serve as escalation point when needed.
- Quickly resolve complex operations issues
- Automate operational tasks to simplify operational engineering in the NOC.
- Identify issues with new rollouts and report them to the development team in charge of the rollout.
- Analyze and document processes and procedures to determine any needed changes for improvement.
- Assist in recommending, developing, and implementing process improvements for the team.
- Identify trends and bring them to attention for tech 6 and Engineers to analyze.
- Ensure root cause is identified on impacting or chronic issues that NOC is engaged on.
- Partner with vendors and other teams to improve systems and reporting.
- Statistical Analysis
- Assist with process improvements.
What You’ll Bring:
- Ability to troubleshoot non-network issues that arise where our knowledge or tools may be able to assist.
- Ability to ensure root cause is identified on impacting or chronic issues that NOC is engaged on.
- Ability to Support investigations for other product / service owners in Global Technology.
About Function & Walmart:
Our associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all programs and practice. We expect our associates to Live our Values & Champion our Culture.
Ways of working:
Primarily onsite. Our campuses and data centers serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
Ability to proactively monitor and communicate with internal/external operations to support operational management of the Network Infrastructure.
Some experience, knowledge and/or certification in network reliability engineering to support operational management of the Network Infrastructure.
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world’s leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, information systems, electrical engineering, or related area and 2 years’ experience in large-scale networking environments or related area.Option 2: 4 years’ experience in large scale networking environments or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Information Technology - CISCO Certification - Certification
Primary Location...805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth